Discussion - OpenMW video updates

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.

Do you want version number overlays in every scene of the release videos?

No, just use them for footage from older versions (status quo).
46%
Yes, make the videos idiot-proof! ;-)
54%

Total votes: 26

Atahualpa

Re: Discussion - OpenMW video updates

Post by Atahualpa »

aesylwinn wrote:The videos look and sound nice. I think your voice is fine unedited.
Atahualpa wrote:- [3:16] we don't use blender's standard configuration (Is the word "similar" okay though?)
I'm not quite sure what you're asking in the parenthesis. Personally, I would just drop the blender reference to avoid confusion. The scene controls are pretty different. Based on what Lamoot said, some of the table editing shortcuts are similar to some of the blender controls (like Shift+A to add), so maybe its fine to say that. If you want something else to say about it, you can say it also supports mouse buttons 4 and 5.
That's want I wanted to know. I'll skip the blender reference then, and maybe add something about the extended mouse button support as a filler.
lysol wrote: [...]
I'm a bit confused now. Did you solve the issue or not? Anyway, to really make the issue from 0.39.0 pop out more, disable clipping, then look straight at the wall and move up and down, and left and right. The thing is that the effect is kind of mixed, so that when you move up and down, it kind of moves left and right and vice versa.
[...]
Good! This means I'm not the only one who is confused. :D
I'll try to follow your steps and, if necessary, return to further confuse you.
lysol wrote: Btw, where did you get the files? I haven't done anything to the stone wall recently so I'd be surprised if you had an old version, but I'll upload it again today. Just need to wait until my wife is done with that computer... :)
magamo sent me the 0.1-version (?) of your texture pack. The two stone wall texture files it includes are the same as in your bug report. Oh, and I thought that you'd further improved your textures - nevermind, if this in not the case.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

I summon you, German forum lurkers and team members! Start your unholy search for spelling errors!
The editor video has been updated with German subtitles. These and the corresponding transcript are available here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3415

Translations for the engine video and the release notes will be posted soon.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Aaand the German subtitles for the engine video are ready.