OpenMW 0.39.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
User avatar
raevol
Posts: 2743
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: OpenMW 0.39.0

Post by raevol » 12 Apr 2016, 22:13

Wow, who's facerolling now. My mistakes, thank you! Hopefully fixed: https://gist.github.com/mickeylyle/0cca ... /revisions

@Atahualpa do you have the final link for the video? I'm not sure if you were planning to re-upload, or if you replace the existing one or what.

User avatar
Atahualpa
Posts: 904
Joined: 09 Feb 2016, 20:03

Re: OpenMW 0.39.0

Post by Atahualpa » 12 Apr 2016, 23:28

May I ask you guys to delay the release for another two days? :oops: The videos should be finished by tomorrow; add a day for your test-views and we have a Thursday-release. Currently, all audio and video tracks are ready for the final editing but getting used to Blender took some time, and the work-flow, although very sustainable, is slow at the beginning. Now that I have established my workspace and created templates for everything I need, I'm ready to go. Unfortunately, Blender is quite unoptimised regarding the rendering process which leads to long rendering times and forces you to split up videos - my 32 bit system isn't of any help here as I'm limited to 1 GB of RAM usage in Blender. :(

Anyway, my test renders turned out very promising, so I'd rather finish my work in Blender tomorrow than doing some quick & dirty work with Movie Maker to get "instant" results.
raevol wrote:Wow, who's facerolling now. My mistakes, thank you! Hopefully fixed: https://gist.github.com/mickeylyle/0cca ... /revisions
Ehm, my suggestion was to add "in Scene view" to all 5 issues. Just saying. ;)
raevol wrote: @Atahualpa do you have the final link for the video? I'm not sure if you were planning to re-upload, or if you replace the existing one or what.
Not yet. :( The final videos are still in the works (see above) - please not that we will need two links this time. YouTube won't let you re-upload videos, so the current links will then be obsolete.

User avatar
raevol
Posts: 2743
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: OpenMW 0.39.0

Post by raevol » 12 Apr 2016, 23:51

Atahualpa wrote:May I ask you guys to delay the release for another two days?
Fine by me, but I'm not the final authority! Impressed that you are doing editing on that rig, and capture as well? You're squeezing everything you can out of your machine!
Atahualpa wrote:Ehm, my suggestion was to add "in Scene view" to all 5 issues. Just saying. ;)
Gotcha. Part of my problem here is I haven't used the CS so I have no idea what these features actually are. https://gist.github.com/mickeylyle/0cca ... /revisions
Atahualpa wrote:The final videos are still in the works (see above) - please not that we will need two links this time. YouTube won't let you re-upload videos, so the current links will then be obsolete.
Sounds good.

User avatar
Atahualpa
Posts: 904
Joined: 09 Feb 2016, 20:03

Re: OpenMW 0.39.0

Post by Atahualpa » 13 Apr 2016, 07:50

raevol wrote:
Atahualpa wrote:May I ask you guys to delay the release for another two days?
Fine by me, but I'm not the final authority! Impressed that you are doing editing on that rig, and capture as well? You're squeezing everything you can out of your machine!
I do all of this on that particular PC. Well, my system specs aren't that bad: 4x3.4 GHz (i5-3570K); GeForce GTX 660 with 2 GB; 2x4 GB DDR3 RAM. But Windows 7 at 32 bit turns out to be ball and chain. Wanted to upgrade my system to 64 bit anyway, but this will take some preparation time.

User avatar
Zini
Posts: 5445
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 15:16

Re: OpenMW 0.39.0

Post by Zini » 13 Apr 2016, 09:05

Thursday sounds good for a release.

User avatar
raevol
Posts: 2743
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: OpenMW 0.39.0

Post by raevol » 13 Apr 2016, 09:19

Atahualpa wrote:Well, my system specs aren't that bad: 4x3.4 GHz (i5-3570K); GeForce GTX 660 with 2 GB; 2x4 GB DDR3 RAM. But Windows 7 at 32 bit turns out to be ball and chain.
Ah, your machine is actually better than mine, aside from OS. I am planning an upgrade probably this month...

User avatar
psi29a
Posts: 4077
Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 10:13
Github profile: https://github.com/psi29a/
Contact:

Re: OpenMW 0.39.0

Post by psi29a » 13 Apr 2016, 10:34

Zini wrote:Thursday sounds good for a release.
Ready on the Ubuntu PPA side.

We'll be held up on the Debian side until openscenegraph-3.4 is uploaded. It will be a new package, like how ogre3d-1.7 / ogre3d-1.8 (and etc.). When this happen, ubuntu will follow.

https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmgi ... ;a=summary

User avatar
AnyOldName3
Posts: 1032
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 03:25

Re: OpenMW 0.39.0

Post by AnyOldName3 » 13 Apr 2016, 12:29

Atahualpa wrote:
raevol wrote:
Atahualpa wrote:May I ask you guys to delay the release for another two days?
Fine by me, but I'm not the final authority! Impressed that you are doing editing on that rig, and capture as well? You're squeezing everything you can out of your machine!
I do all of this on that particular PC. Well, my system specs aren't that bad: 4x3.4 GHz (i5-3570K); GeForce GTX 660 with 2 GB; 2x4 GB DDR3 RAM. But Windows 7 at 32 bit turns out to be ball and chain. Wanted to upgrade my system to 64 bit anyway, but this will take some preparation time.
How did you end up with a 32-bit OS on that kind of machine, may I ask? It's definitely going to be hampering it.

Either way, though, if you don't know this already (apparently a lot of people don't) it may please you to learn that Windows licence keys aren't restricted to one 'bittiness' or the other, so your only issue will be reinstalling all your software.
AnyOldName3, Master of Shadows

User avatar
openmwfan27
Posts: 113
Joined: 23 Apr 2015, 22:11

Re: OpenMW 0.39.0

Post by openmwfan27 » 13 Apr 2016, 13:59

AnyOldName3 wrote:if you don't know this already (apparently a lot of people don't) it may please you to learn that Windows licence keys aren't restricted to one 'bittiness' or the other
I did not know this although thinking about it i've never seen a '32-bit' or '64-bit' windows 7 key, keygen, serials etc..

User avatar
Atahualpa
Posts: 904
Joined: 09 Feb 2016, 20:03

Re: OpenMW 0.39.0

Post by Atahualpa » 13 Apr 2016, 15:17

AnyOldName3 wrote: How did you end up with a 32-bit OS on that kind of machine, may I ask? It's definitely going to be hampering it.
The main reason was compatibility with some older programs (which was only partially successful). Man, I bought it in 2012 - somehow got infected with 32-bit nostalgia. :roll: If you don't wanna play recent AAA titles or plan to render tons of data, 32 bit is sufficient. I'm planning to switch to Linux (64 bit, of course ;) ) anyway, so I will resist all of Microsoft's annoying "Upgrade to Windows 10" pop-ups until I have the time to make that great step.
AnyOldName3 wrote: Either way, though, if you don't know this already (apparently a lot of people don't) it may please you to learn that Windows licence keys aren't restricted to one 'bittiness' or the other, so your only issue will be reinstalling all your software.
Well, I have access to MSDNAA via my university which supplies me with free Microsoft licenses, including recent Windows versions.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests