OpenMW 0.38.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
K1ll

Re: OpenMW 0.38.0

Post by K1ll »

Well here are the 0.38.0 Linux targz Package RCs:

32 Bit
64 Bit
openmwfan27 wrote:Is there a linux RC yet? I'm looking for one that's not packaged into a .deb or .rpm (like this: https://downloads.openmw.org/linux/othe ... Bit.tar.gz ) as they are the only versions i can get to run on my PC :(
Nice to know that someone is actually using them. If you have any problems with the RCs just reply here or send me a PM and i will see what i can do.

Also i hope it's not too personal to ask this but which distro are you running? Maybe we can provide official packages for it.
corristo

Post by corristo »

@HiPhish
The only major renderer change I'm aware of was in 0.37 because of switching to OSG, maybe someone could clarify what has changed in 0.38.

Thanks for testing!
Zini

Post by Zini »

There is always the roadmap. There is also a category filter on the right side of that page that you can use to look for changes in specific areas.
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

The new super-quick saves will certainly be the most obivous in game.

But by looking at the linke posted by Zini, you can have a more complete idea of the content of the release
openmwfan27

Post by openmwfan27 »

K1ll wrote:Well here are the 0.38.0 Linux targz Package RCs:

32 Bit
64 Bit
openmwfan27 wrote:Is there a linux RC yet? I'm looking for one that's not packaged into a .deb or .rpm (like this: https://downloads.openmw.org/linux/othe ... Bit.tar.gz ) as they are the only versions i can get to run on my PC :(
Nice to know that someone is actually using them. If you have any problems with the RCs just reply here or send me a PM and i will see what i can do.

Also i hope it's not too personal to ask this but which distro are you running? Maybe we can provide official packages for it.
Thank you for doing the generic builds K1ll, they've been such a great help, v0.38 works brilliantly :) I've not had a chance to drop too many hours into testing it at the moment but so far i've not noticed any issues or bugs.

I'm running Xubuntu 13.10, i have problems installing the .deb files and compiling from source because of dependency issues, even with the OpenMW PPA. The last version of OpenMW i could install from .deb was v0.26 i think. It's not just OpenMW i get dependency issues with though, other software as well as updates are problematic too.

I need to reload my PC with a clean install but i'm holding off at the moment because the 16.04 LTS release is only a few months away, i'm hesitant to try and do a dist-upgrade when i have so many problems with updating and installing stuff as it is, i use my PC for work as well so don't want to take too many risks.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Sorry if I missed something, is the changelog ready for me? *cracks knuckles*
TechNoirMK

Post by TechNoirMK »

Dayum, we 0.38 now? I think I'd rather test this one instead of 0.37 on my new PC.
Spoiler: Show
Zini

Post by Zini »

The changelog is ready.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:The changelog is ready.
On it asap. Thankful for a much shorter changelog this time...
Zini

Post by Zini »

That wasn't my doing ;)

Anyway, we had a last minute fix for 0.38.0 and I think a quick 2nd round of RC builds is in order. If no new problem shows up, we can have us a release on Monday.