OpenMW Game Template

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
DestinedToDie

Re: OpenMW Game Template

Post by DestinedToDie »

I simply typed in enableracemenu. However didn't get the expected result.
onionland

Post by onionland »

psi29a wrote:@sandstranger: thanks man! :D Do you see anything... feel free to make screenshots, it is beth IP free. ;)
Oh yeah, that is true, which means we can finally give sandstranger the credit that he is due :)

On a sidenote you should work with sandstranger to keep the compression method of the template compatible with the android port, both for the sake of having something to show, as well as for the sake of any future developer which may want to use the openmw engine to develop on android.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I got your head to display... ;)
screenshot008.png
In OpenMW-CS you have to add a body parts record... Characters->Body Parts->Add

Give it an ID, then Bodypart Type, mesh type skin, model Head.nif, Race Human.

Then in player object, you assign your ID of that body-part to the player's head. Bingo :)

Hint: use tab for 3rd person view to see.

Morrowind put them in ./meshes/b/, so I suggest we use a decent naming convention. For bodies (parts) we should put them in ./meshes/bodies/
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

d
Last edited by sandstranger on 18 Jan 2018, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

psi29a wrote:Then in player object, you assign your ID of that body-part to the player's head. Bingo :)
When I save the plugin, exit OpenMW-CS and reload the plugin, the Head ID is gone. I'm guessing my version of OpenMW-CS does not yet save this. Also, to my knowledge, you shouldn't have to go into object player to place the head. It should be enough to be in bodyparts where you choose head/ankle/groin etc. Those do not work for me, although I can say that they do save on OpenMW-CS. So I'm unsure whether it's too early to add animations right now.

Maybe Zini can comment. Alternatively, we can put the animation on hold and do the skies.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Like I said before, use the nightlies from ace please. There is so much changed since 0.36.1
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

I will try to figure out where to get and how to install them. :d

Edit: Found. Installing.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Great, we'll be on the same version. This will help to avoid problems. :)
Welcome OSG land. ;)
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

I got the head. :)

Same doesn't go for other bodyparts. Of course they can't be added in object player and adding them in bodyparts doesn't make them work. So maybe I'm missing something or we can't do this yet or my skeleton is incorrect.

Edit: I got an idea. I'll try to put BetterBodies into the game and see what happens.

Edit2: Results were not at all expected. Thought it would either work or not work whatsoever. I got a bunch of errors about missing fingerbones (using vanilla anim files) and two pink cones. That's still more than no errors and no model in sight like in our version.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Setup: Our base animation nifs, BetterBodies bodies (plz don't sue me).

http://i.imgur.com/MRF0nJF.png

But for some reason when I switch to our bodies they don't show. Thus I conclude I should look at betterbodies right now to figure out what I did differently (thought I used the same method). And for whatever reason, the head worked for me and psi through the player object. Head doesn't work just like the other bodyparts if you only add them in bodyparts.

Edit: So I discovered that skins are actually several models connected to the same skeleton. I had just 1 model in skins.