[Solved] Downtime

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
ElderTroll

Re: Downtime

Post by ElderTroll »

ugh. That's unfortunate that you have to worry about drivers even with cooling systems. Have you considered listening to music non-stop via ear buds? Or constructing a sound proof box around the tower? How about ear plugs while you work? Puncturing your ear drums with a needle? Embracing madness? There's a lot of options that don't involve Windows.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

ElderTroll wrote:There's a lot of options that don't involve Windows.

Like not using water-cooling to begin with? Many moving parts make for an unreliable system.
DanielCoffey

Post by DanielCoffey »

These days the D5 Vario pumps are considered very reliable and there are devices you can get to give notice of pump flow issues such as flow meters. On my gaming machine I actually have dual pumps in series so if one fails the other keeps going long enough for me to shut down and drain the loop at a time to suit me.

I find that with a D5 Vario you should be able to run it at speed 2 (out of 5) and get sufficient flow for a typical loop. It is almost inaudible at that speed.
Mistahtokyo

Post by Mistahtokyo »

scrawl wrote:I got my new system on monday. Very happy with performance, but unfortunately the water pump is making a little too much noise. It's silent enough to shrug it off for now, but loud enough to slowly drive me crazy if I don't get this fixed. I am in contact with their support now, who told me to install a (windows-only) tuning software. Let's see where this goes...
How did you mount it? There may be physical ways to reduce the noise (padding, suspending pump, etc)
lysol

Post by lysol »

What's the status of the water cooling issue scrawl?
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

What's the status of the water cooling issue scrawl?
The cooler is the least of my problems now. I returned a broken graphics card on friday, now waiting for the replacement to arrive. I also have a suspicion that the mainboard has a defect, but I can't fully test that until I get the graphics card back. I really hit the jackpot on this thing it seems.
The watercooler (an H100i GTX) is making less noise now compared to when I first got it. I'm ok with it now. I still have the option to get an RMA, but not sure if the replacement would be any better (or worse).
I will post the final specs once I have everything running as it should. Can't wait to start overclocking this beast.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Thanks for the update! Good to hear from you scrawl. :)
raevol

Post by raevol »

Scrawl, could we trouble you for another update? I see some commits have come in from you, but we don't really know what the status of the next release is, to my knowledge. I'm sorry that you're in a position where everything rides on you, so you're getting a lot of attention, but... humor us?

I know I'm very excited to see what's coming next! Hope to hear something soon. :)