OpenMW 0.37.0 (?)

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
sandstranger

Re: OpenMW 0.37.0 (?)

Post by sandstranger »

d
Last edited by sandstranger on 18 Jan 2018, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

lysol wrote:Last time I remember it got as much attention was when the news about the android port went "viral". And idiot bloggers wrote some made-up shit everywhere. Disturbing times. But this time it seems better.
It worked out, thankfully, in the end though. With all the publicity, we caught the attention of Bethesda and they were forced to acknowledge OpenMW. It caused Sandstranger a heart-attack or two, but we managed the problem and we still keep the Android port of OpenMW!

That being said, I'm going to try my hand (with help) at crafting an Android build of 0.37 running our OpenMW-Template. We can use that to make screenshots and videos if anyone wants that. :)

I think everyone should give Sandstranger a clap on the back and thanks for sticking to it through thick and thin!
lysol

Post by lysol »

psi29a wrote:
lysol wrote:Last time I remember it got as much attention was when the news about the android port went "viral". And idiot bloggers wrote some made-up shit everywhere. Disturbing times. But this time it seems better.
It worked out, thankfully, in the end though. With all the publicity, we caught the attention of Bethesda and they were forced to acknowledge OpenMW. It caused Sandstranger a heart-attack or two, but we managed the problem and we still keep the Android port of OpenMW!

That being said, I'm going to try my hand (with help) at crafting an Android build of 0.37 running our OpenMW-Template. We can use that to make screenshots and videos if anyone wants that. :)

I think everyone should give Sandstranger a clap on the back and thanks for sticking to it through thick and thin!
+ 1
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

d
Last edited by sandstranger on 18 Jan 2018, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
raevol

Post by raevol »

psi29a wrote:I think everyone should give Sandstranger a clap on the back and thanks for sticking to it through thick and thin!
Agreed!
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

psi29a wrote:I think everyone should give Sandstranger a clap on the back and thanks for sticking to it through thick and thin!
Don't give him the clap! He doesn't deserve that. Give him a pat instead.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

psi29a wrote:I think everyone should give Sandstranger the clamps on the back
https://stusshed.files.wordpress.com/20 ... o1_500.jpg
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Okulo wrote:
Don't give him the clap! He doesn't deserve that. Give him a pat instead.
I wouldn't wish Pat on anyone:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_(Saturday_Night_Live)
DocClox

Post by DocClox »

Okulo wrote:
Don't give him the clap! He doesn't deserve that.
Well he will insist on sticking it in through thick and thin. It was bound to happen sooner or later :P
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

If and when people find time to work on a video for 0.37... could we also include shots and footage of Tamriel Rebuilt from the OpenMW perspective? :)

In the past couple of weeks, I have been communicating more with TR and I asked them if it would be cool if we used TR in some propaganda *promotional* videos about OpenMW. They not only said it was cool by them, they want to work closer together with OpenMW as well.

I figured it would be a win-win, as we would get more testing and eyes on OpenMW from one of the larger and active Morrowind mods and they would get exposure as well. In return they would also encourage the use and testing on OpenMW and not just Morrowind.

I would ask also on their behalf if they could use any videos/screenshots that we made of TR on their site as well. That would also drive traffic in this direction as well.

What do you guys think?