OpenMW 0.35.1

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenMW 0.35.1

Post by psi29a »

k1ll's latest release builds, not rc bulds.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Release texts---

Plaintext:

Code: Select all

The OpenMW team is proud to announce the release of version 0.35.1! Grab it from our Downloads Page (https://openmw.org/downloads/) for all operating systems. This maintenance release includes fixes for several crashes that users may be experiencing with the 0.35.0 version. Several features are also included in this release, such as corpse dressing and preliminary joystick support. Many bug fixes and improvements are also included, please see the full changelog below.

Known Issues:
- Crash when trying to view cell in render view in OpenMW-CS on OSX
- Crash when switching from full screen to windowed mode on D3D9

Changelog:
- Implemented being able to dress corpses (you weirdos)
- Implemented checking Cmake sets correct MSVC compiler settings for release build
- Implemented default values for mandatory global records
- Implemented basic joystick support
- Implemented a progress bar for Morrowind.ini import progress in the launcher
- Implemented passage of time indicator when training or serving jail time
- Fixed a crash caused by a land record without data
- Fixed creatures with no skeleton base causing a crash
- Fixed engine becoming unresponsive when trying to use equip next/previous with an empty inventory
- Fixed error caused by relying on subrecord order when reading content files
- Fixed sun trajectory
- Fixed stolen items handling to match vanilla Morrowind
- Fixed Divine Intervention sending the player to the wrong place in some cases
- Fixed telekinesis not working to avoid traps
- Fixed combat AI for unreachable enemies
- Fixed object scale being considered in the Move instruction
- Fixed multi-effect spells with different ranges not all applying
- Fixed launcher not responding to Ctrl+C command from the terminal
- Fixed drag-and-drop creating duplicate content files in the launcher when Alt is pressed
- Fixed addon files with no dependencies not showing in the launcher
- Fixed Detect Animal detecting dead creatures
- Fixed Cmake not respecting LIB_SUFFIX
- Fixed changing active magic holstering magic hands
- Fixed switching spells with next or previous while holding shift raising the delete spell dialog
- Fixed regression causing ignored clicks on the HUD mini-map
- Fixed instant restore effect behavior
- Fixed CE restore attribute items permanently boosting the stat they restore
- Fixed being able to fall off the prison ship
- Fixed wrong starting position in "Character Stuff Wonderland"
- Fixed plugin load order being sorted incorrectly when importing Morrowind settings
- OpenMW-CS: Fixed skills saving incorrectly
- OpenMW-CS: Fixed file extension inconsistency
HTML:

<p>The OpenMW team is proud to announce the release of version 0.35.1! Grab it from our <a href="https://openmw.org/downloads/">Downloads Page</a> for all operating systems. This maintenance release includes fixes for several crashes that users may be experiencing with the 0.35.0 version. Several features are also included in this release, such as corpse dressing and preliminary joystick support. Many bug fixes and improvements are also included, please see the full changelog below.</p>

<p><b>Known Issues:</b><br>
<ul><li>Crash when trying to view cell in render view in OpenMW-CS on OSX</li>
<li>Crash when switching from full screen to windowed mode on D3D9</li></ul></p>

<p><b>Changelog:</b><br>
<ul><li>Implemented being able to dress corpses (you weirdos)</li>
<li>Implemented checking Cmake sets correct MSVC compiler settings for release build</li>
<li>Implemented default values for mandatory global records</li>
<li>Implemented basic joystick support</li>
<li>Implemented a progress bar for Morrowind.ini import progress in the launcher</li>
<li>Implemented passage of time indicator when training or serving jail time</li>
<li>Fixed a crash caused by a land record without data</li>
<li>Fixed creatures with no skeleton base causing a crash</li>
<li>Fixed engine becoming unresponsive when trying to use equip next/previous with an empty inventory</li>
<li>Fixed error caused by relying on subrecord order when reading content files</li>
<li>Fixed sun trajectory</li>
<li>Fixed stolen items handling to match vanilla Morrowind</li>
<li>Fixed Divine Intervention sending the player to the wrong place in some cases</li>
<li>Fixed telekinesis not working to avoid traps</li>
<li>Fixed combat AI for unreachable enemies</li>
<li>Fixed object scale being considered in the Move instruction</li>
<li>Fixed multi-effect spells with different ranges not all applying</li>
<li>Fixed launcher not responding to Ctrl+C command from the terminal</li>
<li>Fixed drag-and-drop creating duplicate content files in the launcher when Alt is pressed</li>
<li>Fixed addon files with no dependencies not showing in the launcher</li>
<li>Fixed Detect Animal detecting dead creatures</li>
<li>Fixed Cmake not respecting LIB_SUFFIX</li>
<li>Fixed changing active magic holstering magic hands</li>
<li>Fixed switching spells with next or previous while holding shift raising the delete spell dialog</li>
<li>Fixed regression causing ignored clicks on the HUD mini-map</li>
<li>Fixed instant restore effect behavior</li>
<li>Fixed CE restore attribute items permanently boosting the stat they restore</li>
<li>Fixed being able to fall off the prison ship</li>
<li>Fixed wrong starting position in "Character Stuff Wonderland"</li>
<li>Fixed plugin load order being sorted incorrectly when importing Morrowind settings</li>
<li>OpenMW-CS: Fixed skills saving incorrectly</li>
<li>OpenMW-CS: Fixed file extension inconsistency</li></ul></p>
BBCode:

The OpenMW team is proud to announce the release of version 0.35.1! Grab it from our [url=https://openmw.org/downloads/]Downloads Page[/url] for all operating systems. This maintenance release includes fixes for several crashes that users may be experiencing with the 0.35.0 version. Several features are also included in this release, such as corpse dressing and preliminary joystick support. Many bug fixes and improvements are also included, please see the full changelog below.

[b]Known Issues:[/b]
[list][*]Crash when trying to view cell in render view in OpenMW-CS on OSX
[*]Crash when switching from full screen to windowed mode on D3D9[/list]

[b]Changelog:[/b]
[list][*]Implemented being able to dress corpses (you weirdos)
[*]Implemented checking Cmake sets correct MSVC compiler settings for release build
[*]Implemented default values for mandatory global records
[*]Implemented basic joystick support
[*]Implemented a progress bar for Morrowind.ini import progress in the launcher
[*]Implemented passage of time indicator when training or serving jail time
[*]Fixed a crash caused by a land record without data
[*]Fixed creatures with no skeleton base causing a crash
[*]Fixed engine becoming unresponsive when trying to use equip next/previous with an empty inventory
[*]Fixed error caused by relying on subrecord order when reading content files
[*]Fixed sun trajectory
[*]Fixed stolen items handling to match vanilla Morrowind
[*]Fixed Divine Intervention sending the player to the wrong place in some cases
[*]Fixed telekinesis not working to avoid traps
[*]Fixed combat AI for unreachable enemies
[*]Fixed object scale being considered in the Move instruction
[*]Fixed multi-effect spells with different ranges not all applying
[*]Fixed launcher not responding to Ctrl+C command from the terminal
[*]Fixed drag-and-drop creating duplicate content files in the launcher when Alt is pressed
[*]Fixed addon files with no dependencies not showing in the launcher
[*]Fixed Detect Animal detecting dead creatures
[*]Fixed Cmake not respecting LIB_SUFFIX
[*]Fixed changing active magic holstering magic hands
[*]Fixed switching spells with next or previous while holding shift raising the delete spell dialog
[*]Fixed regression causing ignored clicks on the HUD mini-map
[*]Fixed instant restore effect behavior
[*]Fixed CE restore attribute items permanently boosting the stat they restore
[*]Fixed being able to fall off the prison ship
[*]Fixed wrong starting position in "Character Stuff Wonderland"
[*]Fixed plugin load order being sorted incorrectly when importing Morrowind settings
[*]OpenMW-CS: Fixed skills saving incorrectly
[*]OpenMW-CS: Fixed file extension inconsistency[/list]
Last edited by raevol on 16 Mar 2015, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Aaaand we are released. :D I know it's a maintenance release, but great job everyone! It's actually awesome that we tackle issues and push out releases like this, everyone should be really proud.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Guys, could use some help developing this script. This is to cover both v0.34 and v0.35. Check for accuracy, suggest additions/subtractions, and please answer questions I have placed inline. Thank you!
///////////////////////////////////////
----------- OpenMW Launcher -----------
[Feature #238: Add UI to run INI-importer from the launcher]
Within the launcher, one can now re-run the wizard to select a Morrowind installation at anytime which also allows the Morrowind.ini file to be re-imported.

[Feature #1232: Where is no way to set the "encoding" option using launcher UI.]
There is now an option to set the language of your Morrowind data files which is necessary for correct handling of text encoding in OpenMW.

[Bug #2268: Highlighting Files with...]
The launcher now highlights files where there is a problem with load order.
<can someone give me examples of files that would cause a load issue?>

------------ OpenMW Engine ------------
[Feature #1024: Addition of remaini...]
As originally in Morrowind, hotkeys are now available to quickly cycle through weapons and spells.

[Feature #1125: AI fast-forward]
NPC AI packages have been upgraded a bit and now react to the accelerated passage of time such as when the Player waits or sleeps.

[Feature #1537: Ability to change t...]
One can now change the cell grid size that gets rendered in the OpenMW settings file for longer draw distances. As far as I'm aware, this is not currently optimized at all, so performance quickly degrades as more cells are rendered, but it's neat to experiment with.

[Feature #114: ess-Importer]
<Where do I read how to use this? I can just use any Morrowind save game I have laying around for this?>

[Feature #1720: NPC lookAt controller]
We implemented head tracking for NPCs, so they now turn their heads to looks at the people around them.

-------------- OpenMW-CS --------------
The modding editor, which now seems to be called "OpenMW-CS", is of course making progress as well.

[Feature #1281: Editor: Render cell markers]
Cell markers are now rendered in the scene window on exterior cells. These markers display the coordinates of the cell and will later be used to select any particular cell for certain editing operations.

[Feature #1918: Editor: Functionality for Double-Clicking in Tables]
Double clicking a record with in any table should now conveniently open it for editing. Similarly, double clicking a cell in the region map will open that cell for editing.

[Feature #2097: Editor: Edit position of references in 3D scene]
The position of objects in a scene window can now be manipulated by dragging them around with the mouse.

[Feature #2121: Editor: Add edit mo...]
An "Edit Mode" button has been added to the scene window. Icons and implementations for various edit modes are yet to come, but this is how one will change between editing scene references, terrain geometry, pathgrids, and so on.
<unless I'm missing out on some functionality that's already implemented, might just leave this one out>

[Feature #2197: Editor: When clicking on a script error in the report window set cursor in script editor to the respective line/column]
<I can't seem to get this to work? What report window? The one you get after File -> Verify?>

[Feature #504: Editor: Delete selec...]
We can now bulk delete records from a result window, just select the rows you want to delete and delete them via right-click or the delete key.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

@raevol: there are some typos:
Fixed Cmake not respecting LIN_SUFFIX
LIB_SUFFIX
Fixed regression causing ignored clicks on the HUB mini-map
HUD mini-map

@WeirdSexy:
Use any plugin that depends on Tribunal.esm or Bloodmoon.esm, then use drag-and-drop to make it load before its dependency.

Plugins depending on a file that is not enabled will also cause a warning icon.
[Feature #114: ess-Importer]
<Where do I read how to use this? I can just use any Morrowind save game I have laying around for this?>
Simple. You run the openmw-essimporter commandline, giving the input ess file and the output omwsave file as arguments. Then you load the produced file into openmw by placing it in your save folder. This will be made into a GUI in the launcher later.

./openmw-essimporter 
Syntax: openmw-essimporter <options> infile.ess outfile.omwsave
<unless I'm missing out on some functionality that's already implemented, might just leave this one out>
Makes sense.
<I can't seem to get this to work? What report window? The one you get after File -> Verify?>
Yes, that's the report window. To see script compile errors there you will need non-working scripts. Just edit the text of a script and insert some gibberish. Then run the verifier. Now that you mention it, doesn't work for me either, no cursor is set when clicking on a script error. @Zini, this is supposed to work, right?
raevol

Post by raevol »

scrawl wrote:@raevol: there are some typos:
Thanks, updated (I hope) everywhere!
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Pull request with fix. But I did not find a way to get it to work in the release version, so this feature won't be in the video I suppose.
dteviot

Post by dteviot »

@WeirdSexy:
WeirdSexy wrote:
scrawl wrote:
Use any plugin that depends on Tribunal.esm or Bloodmoon.esm, then use drag-and-drop to make it load before its dependency.
Or even easier, drag Bloodmoon to be above Tribunal. Als note, that "Hovering" the cursor over the warning icon will give a tooltip with details on the problem, and info on the add-on.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

scrawl wrote:
Pull request with fix. But I did not find a way to get it to work in the release version, so this feature won't be in the video I suppose.
This works for me, from the report page double click a script with an error and it displays the script with the editor as the top line, does not work for short scripts as they cannot scroll up, but they are easier to count lines on. Perhaps adding line numbers to the editor would help?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Packages uploaded to PPA for: precise, trusty, utopic and vivid.

I'm not sure how much longer we want to keep precise around. When Travis-CI finally upgrades to 14.04 or better, I think it is best that we stop making precise builds.

Is there anyone still using testing or using them? Zini? Scrawl?