Feature Cleanup and Beta

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
raevol

Re: Feature Cleanup and Beta

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:The amount of bugs on the tracker is not increasing.
If we got more testing, I'm sure it would. If we moved into Beta, I'm sure we'd get more testing. That's all I'm saying.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Okay. Let me rephrase that. We are constantly getting more bug reports. But we are also constantly fixing bugs. Overall there is a downward trend. There may be some spikes in the future, but I don't expect a fundamental change, because we are already getting a lot of testing; at least for OpenMW. Now OpenCS, that is a completely different issue.

btw. I am reconsidering my previous statement "we are not in dire need of new people currently". That is absolutely true for OpenMW and OpenCS. However we could use someone with some Qt experience for the launcher, because pvdk has been AWOL for ages and we don't currently have an active developer for the launcher, which unfortunately results in issues and important tasks piling up there.
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

Evolution of no. of bugs, features, and tasks on the tracker, courtesy of the Wayback Machine.
openmplot.png
Zini

Post by Zini »

Hm, that probably includes issues that are not assigned to 1.0 or earlier. Either bug reports with too little information to be useful (these tend to pile up sometimes) and also bug reports that are rejected.
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

The number of open/total tickets on any given date refer to the numbers on the tracker's front page (https://bugs.openmw.org/), so all tickets counted on the front page are included in the graph.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Well, I know we are a little focused on 0.34 right now, but where do you stand on my draft Zini? Do you think it's good to put out? Needs some fixing up? Should I re-draft it or abandon this idea?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Well, there are a few additional NIF-related issues listed here in this thread. There are also on the tracker now, I believe. As far as I can see you haven't updated your draft accordingly yet.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:Well, there are a few additional NIF-related issues listed here in this thread. There are also on the tracker now, I believe. As far as I can see you haven't updated your draft accordingly yet.
True, but I am more curious about the part before the issue list. I can fix up or even nix my issue summary as needed, but I'm wondering about your thoughts on even the general idea? Like I've said, it's a good idea to make this announcement to me, but I definitely don't want to try to take the lead on the project, and if the devs agree it's not a good idea, I am happy with that decision.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I am perfectly fine with it.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Ok, will re-draft ASAP.