Crowdfunding

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
nwah

Re: Crowdfunding (again)

Post by nwah »

I just donated 100 dollars (80 euros) to you, scrawl. I mostly lurk, but you're a secret hero of mine.

I want to be a good dev like you one day.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

nwah wrote:I just donated 100 dollars (80 euros) to you, scrawl. I mostly lurk, but you're a secret hero of mine.

I want to be a good dev like you one day.
:o

Holy crap! Talk about good will. :) Cheers nwah!
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Hey, scrawl.

I wish I could donate, however in fact I am in pretty much the same situation (minus i'm not such a good programer as you are) so forgive me.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

A question to Zini.

Would using BountySource count as "donations to individual developers" thing considering that the bounty would be given out to an individual who implemented a bugfix/feature?

I think it would be very interesting for us. Although, ideally someone needs to implement redmine support first. Time to throw some bounties at that issue? ;)
Zini

Post by Zini »

That's a borderline case. Do we actually gain anything by that? And would it be any good? From what I have seen from other Open Source projects the bounty approach works at best at a mediocre level.
My gut feeling is that since what we are currently doing seems to work for you we should stick to it.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I think it would be a great approach for content creation, since most creative types work on commission anyway. If someone sets up another openmw-assets (or similiar) project with redmine, that would work.

The person who makes the content would get paid for their work, and the work would be copylefted with a Creative Commons (CC) license.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Yeah, for content that makes sense. But we aren't dealing in content, except for the example suite. Unless we can not get the suite up and running with stuff from the MW modding community I do not see a reason to get involved in this.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

The developer behind a n64 emulator recently had a successful indiegogo campaign. At some point devs might think about this. There was also the Mupen64plus port to Ouya kickstarter.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/glid ... lugin#home
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

I'd still be hesitant about it; OpenMW is so closely linked to Morrowind that it's difficult (albeit not impossible or incorrect) to claim many of the same defenses as emulators.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

More pizza fairy deliveries for January's work. Thanks for all your work over the last few years, Scrawl. :D