OpenMW 0.33.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Uncanny

Re: OpenMW 0.33.0

Post by Uncanny »

Gramblosh wrote: Are you using the vanilla meshes? I had that problem with some smoothed meshes but the vanilla ones seem to work.
No, I'm not using vanilla meshes. I pretty much have replacements for every mesh. Probably also the reason why the head of my steel war axe is hovering, separated a couple of inches away from the handle. I'm basically swinging a wooden stick at things with a small floating metal companion at my side. ;)

I may need to clean my data folder...
Gramblosh

Post by Gramblosh »

I had a nice fistfight with a mudcrab and the vanilla meshes work, if you are using the same replacer I did, it should be tronvillain's Correct UV Mudcrab. There are a few meshes that seem to not work correctly.
Berandas

Post by Berandas »

Uncanny wrote:Mudcrabs seems to be broken. They walk right through me (and in mid air) and reset their position after a few seconds. Is this an old bug, or is this new?
Had the same problem some time ago - it's the replacer issue.

I can confirm that several mods that were causing some trouble in the past now seems to be working fine, such as animated morrowind, but I noticed that my FPS dropped at some locations. On 0.32 I got about 8 FPS in my modded Balmora (all maxed out, but shadows off), now on 0.33 I'm getting 1 FPS with same config. (Win64 version)
Gramblosh

Post by Gramblosh »

I tracked the issue down a bit further, it's only the kf-file that is broken, however, it is not needed, so if you remove xcavemudcrab.kf it should work, at least the mudcrab I saw in game had the uv corrected mesh with my green test texture on it and did not move psycho in combat. Maybe we should collect such issues and possible workaround/solutions, would be a shame if such fine mods would be considered broken even though they are easy to fix.

And sorry for being OT, maybe the mudcrab topic should be moved to it's own thread.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Just wanted to say that removing the xcavemudcrab.kf did fix it. :D Just out of curiosity, what are .kf files? Animation?

Edit: And, Gramblosh, if you know what the source of the problem is, then maybe you could report it in the bugtracker?
Gramblosh

Post by Gramblosh »

Yes, kf is related to the animation.

And I am not sure if it is an issue caused by OpenMW could also be an oddity in the kf file itself and OpenMW reacts different from the vanilla engine. So far this was the only case of broken animations I observed.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Please do report it and add a link to the mod. It's most likely related to choosing the correct accumulation root node for a skeleton, and we have no idea how vanilla does this. Having more test cases is useful.
Gramblosh

Post by Gramblosh »

Br0ken

Post by Br0ken »

0.33.0 RC, Win7 x64, Acer laptop, GeForce GT540M.
Water looks really bad. :cry:
For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jM_qcrlsFU
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

@Br0ken: That's actually a known problem: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/1405