OpenMW 0.33.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Lazaroth

Re: OpenMW 0.33.0

Post by Lazaroth »

Ace (SWE) wrote: The nightlies haven't been broken per se, the server hosting them though, that one was all broken.
Was referring to broken downloads, but it's great that it's working again! Thanks for doing this to begin with.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Gave 33.0 a quick try. The first thing i noticed was a significant fps increase since last i played. So I compared the two versions.

Outside Seyda Neen
Shadow and water options turned off
Direct3D9 renderering

31 fps with 32.0

39 fps with 33.0

Awesome. :D
Gramblosh

Post by Gramblosh »

Can confirm that. Balmora increased from something 25ish to something 35ish with identical settings (unless the update changed them), also stuttering on cell change is reduced, not yet gone but better.
K1ll

Post by K1ll »

OpenMW 0.33.0 RC1 Linux targz packages:

32 Bit
64 Bit
Gramblosh

Post by Gramblosh »

Were the graphics settings intentionally removed from the Options menu, I only have misc. settings, audio and keyboard/mouse settings (sorry, don't know the correct English names). Also was it intended to make the world map so much smaller, it's now about 900px which is ridiculously small?

Win Builds 64-Bit
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

The world map has been made smaller so that it's now the same size as in vanilla MW. If you'd like to make it bigger, increase this value in your settings.cfg file:

Code: Select all

[Map]
global map cell size = 18
Were the graphics settings intentionally removed from the Options menu
No. As it turns out I accidentally broke this when I increased the margins, causing the tab button to not fit anymore with the german localization (and possibly others). Damn long words! Will fix in a bit...
Gramblosh

Post by Gramblosh »

scrawl wrote:The world map has been made smaller so that it's now the same size as in vanilla MW. If you'd like to make it bigger, increase this value in your settings.cfg file:

Code: Select all

[Map]
global map cell size = 18
Ah, works (after using the Launcher once) with a value of 24 it's back to the before size but it looks terribly blurry.
Last edited by Gramblosh on 15 Oct 2014, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

It will be a great feature if someone could zoom the world map with PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN like MCP does.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Mudcrabs seems to be broken. They walk right through me (and in mid air) and reset their position after a few seconds. Is this an old bug, or is this new?
Gramblosh

Post by Gramblosh »

Uncanny wrote:Mudcrabs seems to be broken. They walk right through me (and in mid air) and reset their position after a few seconds. Is this an old bug, or is this new?
Are you using the vanilla meshes? I had that problem with some smoothed meshes but the vanilla ones seem to work.