Release Video Commentaries

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Greendogo

Re: Release Video Commentaries

Post by Greendogo »

Great video WeirdSexy! Your voice sounds like the guy from Welcome to Night Vale

Also, great outtake.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Also, it's a bit funny how narration and cinematography affect each other in the mix. For example, I think my delivery of the line "enjoy the ... conciliatory tones of Jeremy Soule's original soundtrack as their thread of prophesy is broken ... once again." was a bit awkward. I think I was expecting the clip to be more dramatic or something. I guess these little difficulties in collaboration are things that neither scrawl nor I have experience dealing with. Probably what I should do is keep several different recordings of lines like that and let the cinematographer choose the most fitting one.
I agree that part felt slightly strange. It's really difficult for me though to pinpoint what's wrong with it (especially after watching the same thing again and again during editing).

Perhaps we can try a different approach next time. I send you the unnarrated clips (loosely clumped together, not necessarily the final edit) and then you can record the voiceover while watching them?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

WeirdSexy wrote:The narration did seem a bit uneasy for the first minute or so. Perhaps my performance (do I actually perform?) might have been flat, but I think that the music being nearly silent behind my voice could be having a large effect on the overall 'mood'.
Your throat and brain perform for us, dance you whore, dance! :D I hope all is well man! Get some sleep! :P

Thank you again for lending us your voice MrOpenMW. :D
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

And we're live! Thanks for the help and feedback everyone.

Now, another news post on the main site would be great.
raevol

Post by raevol »

scrawl wrote:I agree that part felt slightly strange. It's really difficult for me though to pinpoint what's wrong with it (especially after watching the same thing again and again during editing).
I'm not sure if you guys are talking about the pre- or post- shortening edit version, but the version we have now doesn't have any awkwardness in it for me, it looks good. Sometimes you start second guessing yourself when you are the one doing the editing.

Video is posted up errwerr!!
raevol

Post by raevol »

WeirdSexy, of all the weird sh** people say on the internet, I thought you might like this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/Morrowind/comm ... eo/cm7u16l
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

Haha, that's a bit of an exaggeration. He might sound a bit less passionate than in the past (though I didn't really notice in the latest one) but not like a heartless machine :roll:
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

raevol wrote:WeirdSexy, of all the weird sh** people say on the internet, I thought you might like this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/Morrowind/comm ... eo/cm7u16l
Ha! Thanks for pointing that one out :) I do sort of hear the resemblance.