OpenMW 0.31.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Re: OpenMW 0.31.0

Post by Zini »

Are we ever going to use OpenCS's icon for the exe?
You mean the actual .exe file? In the file manager? Is that a thing on Windows?
Also, using proper capitalization on OpenMW.exe, OpenCS.exe and OpenMW-Launcher.exe (or something) would look nicer than the all-lowercase theme we have now.
Not much a fan of that. It will not affect the average user (who is unlikely to ever see any of these files) and it would require a special case implementation for Windows.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

The renaming of the exe's is not important (you don't see it unless you open the folder), they're correctly capitalized in the Start Menu, so if it bothers you to rename it, that's ok, not a big deal at all.

However, regarding the icons, this is how opening OpenMW/OpenCS from the Start Menu looks on Windows (Vista, but similar on other versions, I'm sure). They look pretty ugly without the icons.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Okay. File an issue, please. I have actually no idea how that is handled on Windows, but I am sure someone else will know.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

The menu entries use the same icons as the applications themselves, and since the launcher is the only application with an icon it's also the only one that gets an icon in the start menu.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

It is being uploaded to Debian now. :) Weeeee....
ezze

Post by ezze »

Ace (SWE) wrote:The menu entries use the same icons as the applications themselves, and since the launcher is the only application with an icon it's also the only one that gets an icon in the start menu.
By default... You can setup any icon you want. Perhaps a easy fix is changing how the link is created?
raevol

Post by raevol »

raevol wrote:
K1ll wrote:OpenMW 0.31.0 RC2 Linux targz packages

32 Bit
64 Bit
@K1ll, are these ok to use for release packages?
Should I wait to hear on these, or just go ahead? :(

EDIT: Swick informs me these are dev packages, so they need to be rebuilt for release.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

ezze wrote:By default... You can setup any icon you want. Perhaps a easy fix is changing how the link is created?
Yes, NSIS supports creating links with non-default icons.
But that's as an extended command, which means you'd have to do the link creation manually for all the applications, and you'd also have to include the icon separately.

Which, I have no doubt, would be a lot more work than just adding an .rc file for OpenMW and OpenCS that define the icon to be baked into the executable.
K1ll

Post by K1ll »

OpenMW 0.31.0 Release Linux targz packages

32 Bit
64 Bit

Sorry for the delay. Didn't have internet for a few days ...
raevol

Post by raevol »

K1ll wrote:Sorry for the delay. Didn't have internet for a few days ...
No worries! I'm running to work but will get on the release asap.