OpenMW 0.31.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
raevol

Re: OpenMW 0.31.0

Post by raevol »

scrawl wrote:Great video. There is one minor inaccuracy. The Walk/Run button state is stored in the settings file, not in savegames.
Sounds like something to ignore, or just put in an annotation?

Thanks for all your work WeirdSexy! I shared to our twitter and fb.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting to redo the video. An annotation should be fine.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Great video, yet again, Weird!
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Raevol, since you're usually doing the release posts, do you want to post this video separately in a newspost, or should I include it in mine? If the former, when will you post it? Just so we can get a nice information spread going between us.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Okulo wrote:Raevol, since you're usually doing the release posts, do you want to post this video separately in a newspost, or should I include it in mine? If the former, when will you post it? Just so we can get a nice information spread going between us.
Go ahead and include it in yours! I think that'd be best.
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

Last edited by sandstranger on 16 Aug 2014, 07:03, edited 1 time in total.
Ascent

Post by Ascent »

That's great news, sandstranger!

I don't know about optimizing and compiling software for Android. Dalvik, ART, and a variety of system-on-a-chip (SoC) types complicate that. People over at the XDA-Developers Forum may help you if no one here does. If you're building with the GNU Compiler Collection, reading the online manual for the version you're using could help too.

If your Android build environment is anything like the desktop Linux one, this should work for flags that are common to both C and C++:
~/git/openmw/build$ export CFLAGS="your chosen flags go here"; export CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"; cmake ../ && make

I recommend not using -m (machine-specific) flags until you learn more about what works across different SoCs, or produce different builds for specific types. Bear in mind that performance could always be unsatisfactory because compiler optimizations can't make up for hardware limitations and current deficiencies in OGRE's utilization of GPU features. For your own personal builds, -march=native -O2 are good to start with. If those don't obviously break anything, you could try -march=native -O3 next.

Hope that helps :geek:
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

Last edited by sandstranger on 16 Aug 2014, 07:03, edited 1 time in total.
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

3e443
Last edited by sandstranger on 18 Jan 2018, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

sandstranger wrote:lol now I have to look for open source icons for screen controls .
http://game-icons.net/

Try those, they are free/libre for use.