English weekly translation

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

English weekly translation

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
unfortunately, I have to give up the translation of the weekly news. I will post drafts of last two weekly news today.
TorbenC

Re: English weekly translation

Post by TorbenC »

We might have to have a varience in the news between languages, I don't know any other people who know both Polish *and* English that are willing to do this.

Perhaps Sir_Herrbatka could tell us what the general topic is of the news post in English on the forum and someone could just take that idea and expand it?
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Like Google Translate? Yank the Polish post through Google Translate and liberally interpret the results.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I just want to point out that wirting those news does not require any arcane knowledge. Every bit information is avaible in the git logs. Github has very helpfull network map as well and in addition to that there is also issue tracker.

Writing those not require a lot, really. Just determination to push it weekly.
raevol

Post by raevol »

sirherrbatka wrote:Every bit information is avaible in the git logs.
Like here? https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/commits/master
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

sirherrbatka wrote:I just want to point out that wirting those news does not require any arcane knowledge. Every bit information is avaible in the git logs. Github has very helpfull network map as well and in addition to that there is also issue tracker.
Combined with machine translation to get the gist of what is being said, it should be quite easy then.

If noone is going to step up, I could give it a try. I have the time, I check the bug tracker often to see what you guys are doing, I've been written a bit of the OpenCS documentation back when it would still run on my PC, I have done translations of news posts for the Dutch page (which never got read anyway so why bother), so I'm familiar with how posting works, and (at the risk of coming off as arrogant) my English is pretty damn good. Plus, if all else fails I already have an easy way to contact Herrbatka.

So again, if there's noone else for this job, I'm willing to give it a shot and see how it works out. It's better than nothing.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I might have someone that can help, native Polish.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I wanted to say that you don't have to translate it. You can just write it on your own – it is nothing difficult. For instance greye did that few times and it was well written and informative – and he had no input on my side at all.
Nekochan

Post by Nekochan »

Hey,

BrotherBrick send me here with mission.
How can I help? :)
heilkitty

Post by heilkitty »

sirherrbatka wrote:I wanted to say that you don't have to translate it. You can just write it on your own – it is nothing difficult. For instance greye did that few times and it was well written and informative – and he had no input on my side at all.
Despite some posts on teh forum, generally people like your style and sense of humor.
Nekochan wrote:How can I help?
Przekladaj.