OpenMW on twitter

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
dwcoates

OpenMW on twitter

Post by dwcoates »

I found OpenMW on twitter, but I'm wondering if it would be promotionally useful to put a "follow us on twitter" button somewhere here on this website. As it stands, I think the twitter handle is only really there for those who really want to seek it out, which is silly because twitter is really only the medium of choice for the non-developer, non-dedicated enthusiast. Twitter is also, after all, a dominant promotional medium, and I think it's important to remind the more casually interested people of OpenMW and to reinforce that this is a lively project that they can still be excited about. As a follow up, perhaps augmenting the twitter approach to include pop info, such as "what do you think about Occulus Rift integration after OMW 1.0?". It doesn't matter how feasible or likely such a development is, just that it's interesting, exciting, and gets people thinking about just how powerful OpenMW is as a concept and as a piece of software.
raevol

Re: OpenMW on twitter

Post by raevol »

Our twitter, for those interested: https://twitter.com/openmw_org

I maintain it, but I confess I don't post on there as often as I should. Release tweets do tend to get quite a bit of RT and favs though.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

dwcoates wrote:I found OpenMW on twitter, but I'm wondering if it would be promotionally useful to put a "follow us on twitter" button somewhere here on this website.
It is already on website, please look at left side of our blog, in the "Follow us" box.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Reviving this thread to say- if you are an active OpenMW dev and you follow our twitter, and I *haven't* followed you back, please let me know so I can follow you.