OpenMW 0.30.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Berandas

Re: OpenMW 0.30.0

Post by Berandas »

Hello, I did a bit deeper playthrough at the morning and discovered some weird behavior, can someone confirm these bugs?
I'm using Win64 0.30.0 (367acd9676) version.

I was looting crates in Balmora, when I discovered that when I open a crate and press spacebar to close it, it immediately switches to the other crate next to it. It doesn't work that way every time, sometimes just nothing happens, sometimes it closes the container properly, so perhaps it has something to do with player proximity?

Permanent barter disposition makes most of the traders useless after first haggle, unless your character has enough speechcraft to improve the disposition back.

When you choose an item (in the trader's inventory), click on "Max sale" button and accept the trade, you obtain the "max sale" money, instead of loosing them.

Also, would it be possible to add cell for entering the sale value (just like the item quantity has), or at least make increase/decrease go by 10/100/1000 while Ctrl/Shift/Alt pressed?

There is some sort of memory leak, when you Alt+Tab from the game, OpenMW filled my whole RAM. It stabilized when I returned to the game.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

The containers issue sounds like this bug: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/1217
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Permanent barter disposition makes most of the traders useless after first haggle, unless your character has enough speechcraft to improve the disposition back.
I will revert it to vanilla (non-permanent) disposition change. But we probably want to add an option for it at some point, afaik it is included as option in MCP.
When you choose an item (in the trader's inventory), click on "Max sale" button and accept the trade, you obtain the "max sale" money, instead of loosing them.
What should it do in this case? Use the player's amount of gold as an Offer value? Sounds kinda dangerous, it would only take 2 missclicks to lose all of your gold. Edit: just checked, vanilla and openmw seem to behave identical on this button.
Also, would it be possible to add cell for entering the sale value (just like the item quantity has)
Done.
Berandas

Post by Berandas »

cc9cii wrote:The containers issue sounds like this bug: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/1217
Yeah, that might be it.
scrawl wrote: I will revert it to vanilla (non-permanent) disposition change. But we probably want to add an option for it at some point, afaik it is included as option in MCP.
I agree, thanks.
scrawl wrote: What should it do in this case? Use the player's amount of gold as an Offer value? Sounds kinda dangerous, it would only take 2 missclicks to lose all of your gold. Edit: just checked, vanilla and openmw seem to behave identical on this button.
What I meant is that when you set the max sale, you get the chosen item AND the money. So instead of paying for the goods, you generously get the goods for free and all the trader's gold on top. :D
scrawl wrote: Done.
Awesome! :)
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

What I meant is that when you set the max sale, you get the chosen item AND the money. So instead of paying for the goods, you generously get the goods for free and all the trader's gold on top. :D
That I can not reproduce. I select to buy an item from the merchant, click "max sale", but the offer will be refused, as it should. Any specific item value or merchant gold value this should be tested with?
Berandas

Post by Berandas »

I was able to reproduce it many times on Meldor and once on Galbedir, although now when I tested it, it didn't work on her. What should work, try go to Meldor, choose all the stuff he has, then Max sale and offer.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

I see what is wrong. Fixed, thank you.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

scrawl wrote:
Also, would it be possible to add cell for entering the sale value (just like the item quantity has)
Done.
Is MyGUI that easy or are you just that good?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

He is scrawl you fool! :lol:
raevol

Post by raevol »

Scrawl has a direct neural link to github and changes the code at the speed of thought.