OpenMW 0.30.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Re: OpenMW 0.30.0

Post by Zini » 10 May 2014, 13:36

With "these changes" you mean the cmake adjustments? Because the rest should also be in master and we merge openmw-30 into master after the release anyway. Is not having them in master now causing problems?

psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a » 10 May 2014, 16:46

None, just that our dailies (Debian/Ubuntu) are failing (without a patch)... :P It isn't critical or anything.

Zini

Post by Zini » 10 May 2014, 16:49

It's okay. I'll merge openmw-30 into master.

WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy » 12 May 2014, 01:01

v0.30.0-commentary-draft.pdf
(80.23 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Here's a draft for a video commentary.
As always, check to see if I'm spouting nonsense or leaving something out, if you please. Thank you.
I will be able to record/edit over the next few days, but I have other obligations as well. But then, I guess everyone does :D

Jyby

Post by Jyby » 12 May 2014, 05:09

The sneaking icon is implemented. But the actual skill building is not yet in the game.

As a replacement or addition:
You could combine this with bribe gold. You can persuade an npc with 100 gold and then try to pickpocket them for it back.

or mention that trader gold resets after 24 hours so you won't have to worry about your favorite merchant running out of gold.
Macbook Air 2013 - 1.7GHz Intel i7 - 8 GB - 512 GB SSD - Intel HD 5000
Windows 10 PC - 4GHz Intel i7 - 16 GB - 512 GB SSD - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC

Zini

Post by Zini » 12 May 2014, 07:55

Looking good, mostly.

Improvements to Saving/Loading: We have a lot more additions than just the weather. You can get a list by searching the roadmap with the keyword "Saved Game".

Lighting Modes: Not sure about the wording. The buttons aren't placeholders. The icons on them are.

Region Map Drag & Drop: Yes, you can drag selected cells to somewhere else (e.g. the scene subview or a filter field).

Record Editing Subviews: Well, it is a dialogue subview. We could edit records in tables for a long time. This is just a different mode of editing them, which eventually will also support data fields that can not be handled properly in a table.

Terrain Threading: @scrawl: Can you comment on that.

WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy » 12 May 2014, 15:31

@ Jyby, thanks

@ Zini
Dragging cells to filter field is not working for me.
If I select, for example, any single cell and drag it to the filter bar in the cells table, I get nothing in the filter bar at all.
If I select, for example, any four cells and drag them to the filter bar in the cells table, I get !or(, , , ) in the filter bar.

I think perhaps we just have a disagreement on how the word 'dialogue' should be used with respect to GUIs. Or I might just be confused - not unlikely. I don't think it makes a difference regarding this commentary video unless you had an issue with my wording. I'll call it 'dialogue subview for editing records' if you want me to.

Saved game improvements: looking at the issue tracker, I see store faction membership, map markers, and local variables. Is that all? What are the local variables that are being referred to?

Zini

Post by Zini » 12 May 2014, 18:54

Dragging cells to filter field is not working for me.
If I select, for example, any single cell and drag it to the filter bar in the cells table, I get nothing in the filter bar at all.
If I select, for example, any four cells and drag them to the filter bar in the cells table, I get !or(, , , ) in the filter bar.
I can confirm that dragging multiple cells to the cell table filter bar creates a bogus filter. That is a new bug (file a report please). Dragging a single cell is correctly rejected though. Dragging cells to the cell table filter bar is not supposed to do anything, since the cell table does not have any columns that references cells. Try dragging the cells to the reference table filter (for example).
Saved game improvements: looking at the issue tracker, I see store faction membership, map markers, and local variables. Is that all? What are the local variables that are being referred to?
That seems to be all. Local are variables that are declared in scripts.

pvdk

Post by pvdk » 12 May 2014, 20:14

Zini wrote:Some changes and Qt being a bit anal required a rename to opencs.ini.
Another option would've been .conf

WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy » 13 May 2014, 00:04

OpenMW Crashes upon starting a new game in Windows, can anyone else confirm?
I don't get any interesting message in the console, it just crashes.

Also, in linux (unfortunately I only have it installed in a vm on top of windows at the moment) my line of sight is fixed straight down. I can't look up with the mouse. If I select inverted Y-axis in the options, it becomes fixed straight up.

I guess it must have something to do with the VM drivers or something, otherwise I'm sure someone else would have mentioned this issue.