Zini is absent

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Tarius

Re: Zini is absent

Post by Tarius »

Yes, Zini is the locus of this project, it would be severally wounded without him.
Xethik

Post by Xethik »

Glad to hear that everything is alright!
Zini

Post by Zini »

Back. Almost two weeks without internet are really no fun.

Here is what happened:

Two week ago on Saturday evening we had a power blackout in a decent sized part of the city. When the power came back 3 hours later, my internet connection did not.
I called my ISP next morning and they said they couldn't do anything about it, because it was weekend, but they would get to it early next week.
Fast forward to Wednesday. Nothing had happened. I called again and apparently they had forgotten me. Various attempts at fixing the problem didn't do anything, so they send a technician over next Monday (that is this week). Turns out my router finally gave up at the same moment when we had the power blackout. The guy promised me a new one no later than Wednesday.
And then I ran into problems with the mail service that was supposed to deliver the replacement. Took me two more days.

I would be hard pressed to remembering ever having seen such a cascade of failure.

Anyway, I am really tired at the moment. I will quickly go through the forum now and assume regular work on OpenMW (pull requests and such) tomorrow.

Edit: Seems a lot of stuff has piled up. I'll do my best not to miss anything, but you are waiting for something from me and I did not get back to you by Sunday, please sent me a PM.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:I would be hard pressed to remembering ever having seen such a cascade of failure.
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Resonance_Cascade

Glad you're back! :D
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Let's hug zini to death!!! :twisted:
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Glad to have you back :)
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

It was an awkward phone conversations... but it was nice to meet you Zini. I hopefully didn't creep you too much. ;)
raevol

Post by raevol »

BrotherBrick wrote:It was an awkward phone conversations... but it was nice to meet you Zini. I hopefully didn't creep you too much. ;)
I really wish you would have recorded that. I would love to hear it. I imagine it went like:

"hello?"
"ZINI!? ARE YOU DEAD!?"
"... no? who is this?"
"ARE YOU COMING BACK TO OPENMW!?"
"yes? my internet is currently down? seriously who is this?"
"oh! kthanksbye"*click*
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

raevol wrote: I really wish you would have recorded that. I would love to hear it. I imagine it went like:

"hello?"
"ZINI!? ARE YOU DEAD!?"
"... no? who is this?"
"oh! kthanksbye"*click*
Ha, what if I had called him with my rage voice on?
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

WeirdSexy wrote:
raevol wrote: I really wish you would have recorded that. I would love to hear it. I imagine it went like:

"hello?"
"ZINI!? ARE YOU DEAD!?"
"... no? who is this?"
"oh! kthanksbye"*click*
Ha, what if I had called him with my rage voice on?
I am sure had you yelled SPEARS!!! into the phone he would have known you you were.

What did you, look him up in the phone book or something?