OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Capostrophic

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by Capostrophic »

I'm not Ace, but nightly builds are more recent than the RC builds. They have some more fixes and features that haven't been finished in time for 0.45.0, and though the difference is just a week or so of the commit history of the repository they are likely to get far ahead of the release builds when 0.45.0 is released.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

The difference of course is that nightly builds are built off of the latest commit in master at the point of compilation, while RC builds are built from the latest commit in the release branch. (openmw-45 in this case)

Nightlies are great for trying out new features, while RCs are invaluable for making sure that the game will run properly as a release.
easygamer82

Post by easygamer82 »

I see. Thank you both for your clarifications. 8-)
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

It would seem that on the latest nightly 12/7/18, that saving is rather borked. I can quick save once, and do a normal save once. Anything past that freezes the program and crashes it.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

Capostrophic wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 00:15 It's a known issue.
Good to know, thank you!
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

corristo wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 18:38 PSA: macOS nightlies are disabled until I rewrite upload script to use SCP instead of FTP.
Are Linux nightlies down for the same reason? The latest ones are from October 7th.

Per discussion on Reddit, I've modified the Downloads page to indicate that macOS and Linux nightlies are unavailable at this time.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

Thunderforge wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 19:45
corristo wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 18:38 PSA: macOS nightlies are disabled until I rewrite upload script to use SCP instead of FTP.
Are Linux nightlies down for the same reason? The latest ones are from October 7th.

Per discussion on Reddit, I've modified the Downloads page to indicate that macOS and Linux nightlies are unavailable at this time.
The PPA is still working. Still getting newer nightly builds on Mint via it. So some Linux nightlies are still available.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

PPA hasn't updated in a few days because of a cmake build issue. It has been resolved, waiting for new dailies. This means that what is on the daily/nightly PPA still has the 'save bug'.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Jemolk wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 20:49 The PPA is still working. Still getting newer nightly builds on Mint via it. So some Linux nightlies are still available.
Can you clarify what the PPAs are and how they differ from the nightlies linked to on the Downloads page? We can change the link if necessary.