OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Thunderforge

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by Thunderforge »

My browser on my phone now shows the latest builds, so I guess it was a cache issue.
Jimmon

Post by Jimmon »

are the nightly builds down? last github update was 20 hours ago but still no new files.
Last edited by Jimmon on 30 Jan 2018, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Right, seems like my thought on how to do automated service login didn't do what it should've, so nightlies might be unavailable until the 11th-12th when I'm back home after FOSDEM / CfgMgmtCamp

I'll try and see if I can hack in a RDP to it to fix the builds up from the hotel, but can't promise anything.
Jimmon

Post by Jimmon »

thank you for the response! awaiting the updated nightly build excitedly, yet patiently. take your time with it, no rush... :)
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

It would seem that my desktop has decided to drop off of the network as well, so until I get home the chance for new nightlies is basically zero. (Got LUKS / full disk encryption on there, so I need to be on location to enter the decryption password when rebooting)

I'll make sure to get the nightlies going again though, since I will have much more free time after the mess of conferences.
Jimmon

Post by Jimmon »

meh... no biggie! good luck with your confrences :)
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Well, I'm back home from that trip through Europe, held my talk and all the demos went off without a hitch.

And now I'm back and newly built nightlies are starting to roll off of the production line again.
Though apparently the automated task isn't as automated as I'd like it to be.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

just a FYI... the nightly is running again on launchpad PPA, but only for Bionic.

This has to do with Debian forcing us to use the desktop-opengl flag because we do not support GLESv2.

I have a PR in place that would resolve this issue for us, but honestly... since we are the only users of OSG-3.4, they (Deban/Ubuntu) should stop building it against GLESv2 on armhf/armle platforms. They do this because Qt is compiled against GLESv2 and OSG-3.4 has the osgQt plugin. We do not ship the osgQt plugin and the PPA and I've asked them in a bug report (now over a year old) to drop the osgQt plugin and switch back to -lgl (desktop gl). Still no answer.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Time to Hack The Planet...
austen1000

Post by austen1000 »

@Ace (SWE)

Thank you for adding the date of each build. It'll be alot easier now to tell when updates happen. It was hard to memorize just the Checksums alone.