OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Ace (SWE)

OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Links to the latest builds of OpenMW can be found here, fresh off the presses.

Windows nightly builds, updated every morning between 04:00 - 04:30 CET/CEST;

32-bit:
Link to latest working build: Image (Download)

64-Bit:
Link to latest working build: Image (Download)

A full history of builds might be viewable later, just not focusing on that part of the system.
If there are questions about these builds then I can be easiest reached by PM or as Ananace on the IRC channel.

EDIT FROM ANYOLDNAME3:
If everything's working properly, new builds should be available at this link after every merge, not just once a day. We're still ironing out the kinks, so nightlies are still available at the links above.

https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/pipe ... ref=master

Instructions on which buttons to press once you've clicked that link are here: https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php? ... 490#p68521

EDIT FROM ANYOLDNAME3 PART DEUX:
The above link should now also work for MacOS builds, but you want to choose the MacOS job and download a DMG file.

EDIT FROM LYSOL, NUMERO UNO:
People have found it hard to find the new "nightlies", so I'm updating with a nice picture. Either through the link AoN3 posted above or directly on https://www.gitlab.com/openmw/openmw, you can click on the icon I've marked with number 1 in this screenshot, then pick the OS of your choice:

screenshot removed as it broke the strikethrough

The old nightlies likely won't be back, they haven't been updated for months and I don't think Ace plans to get them back since we have other nightlies nowadays.

EDIT FROM ANYOLDNAME3 PART III:
You can get development builds from the normal Downloads page here: https://openmw.org/downloads/

They're not nightlies as sometimes there are several new ones on the same day or no new ones for a few days, depending on how much work we get done.
Attachments
artifacts.png
Last edited by Ace (SWE) on 18 Nov 2018, 16:07, edited 17 times in total.
WeirdSexy

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by WeirdSexy »

Thank you so much for this, Ace.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

I've had to do some changes to my build setup for these, moved them up to start building around 4AM instead of 6AM. This is because it seem like Windows likes assigning all (ALL) of the system resources to a multi-processor compile if it can, which means it runs out of the CPU time and RAM needed to keep the system alive. It will build them all in a single thread now, so that shouldn't possibly be able to happen anymore but instead the builds will take longer to finish.
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

Thank you very much for this, I'm glad I don't have to set up a build environment myself^^
kingtiger01

Post by kingtiger01 »

Your build-bot is down Ace, it has been down for a few days now.

Also, would you share your build environment and scripts with us?
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Interesting, it's not the bot that's broken. The webserver seems to be down though...
I'd love if people would tell me when things like this break, I don't have the time to check every day if things are still working. Especially considering the daily build reports look fine to me. (I'm always on the IRC, just mentioning me by name there would be nice since that hilights and notifies me)

Anyway, you can find the build system I wrote on github: https://github.com/ace13/RubyCI
And the build scripts I'm using to build OpenMW look like this:

Code: Select all

name: OpenMW x86 - Nightly

source: B:/Programming/Projects/OpenMW/Source
git: origin/master

windows:
  compiler: 
    - CMake
    - Visual Studio 2010

before_build:
    - ?rmdir /Q /S resources
    - ?devenv.com OpenMW.sln /clean Release
    - cmake .
    - ?sed -i 's/ \/Zm1000/ \/MP \/Zm1000/' apps/launcher/omwlauncher.vcxproj
    - ?sed -i 's/ \/Zm1000/ \/MP \/Zm1000/' apps/openmw/openmw.vcxproj
    - ?sed -i 's/ \/Zm1000/ \/MP \/Zm1000/' apps/opencs/opencs.vcxproj
    - ?sed -i 's/ \/Zm1000/ \/MP \/Zm1000/' components/components.vcxproj

build:
    - devenv.com OpenMW.sln /build Release /project PACKAGE

after_build:
    onsuccess:
      - publish:
          source: OpenMW-*-win32.exe
          destination: ftp://haxalot.com:/home/ace/public_html/projects/OpenMW/OpenMW-nightly-{{build.revision}}-win32.exe

regardless:
      - email:
          recipient: [email protected]
      - publish:
          source: build.log
          destination: ftp://haxalot.com:/home/ace/public_html/projects/OpenMW/OpenMW-latest-build32.log
      - publish:
          source: .analytics.json
          destination: ftp://haxalot.com:/home/ace/public_html/projects/OpenMW/OpenMW-latest-analytics32.json
And another one with 64 instead of 32 everywhere
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

Since April 21st no new builds.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

That's when the last commit was, probably. There's only a new build when there are changes to the code.

Edit: Or maybe builds are broken again? Last commit to master was 3 hours ago or so.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Apparently the FTP server was broken, it's fixed now and the builds should update again.

I might be looking for another place to host these since it seems like my friend can't keep his servers fully operational...
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

Tell me what to do and I can see if it'll work on my server.