OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Ace (SWE)

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by Ace (SWE) »

lgromanowski wrote:This tool could be useful for building Windows binaries:
Vcpkg: a tool to acquire and build C++ open source libraries on Windows
Nice, finally an actually a project like such that's been sanctioned by at least one large company.
Will have to look into writing portfiles for at least Bullet and MyGUI, maybe more of our deps as well.

Sadly I get the feeling the OSG won't be as easy to do, you have to build and very specifically package a set of thirdparty libs for use in the compilation of it on Windows. The current builds of OSG I have for the nightlies actually lack a few osgdb extensions because of small problems in the CMake project for the third-party libs, haven't had time to look much at that either.
GameEnder

Post by GameEnder »

The repository that hosts the nightlies seems to be broken at the moment. Possibly a DNS on the host end, based on the error page.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Hmm, this looks like it might be a quite bad situation actually.
Got ~200 host lookup error messages in my mail, from lookups done against the local Infoblox proxy.

(Happen to work at the same place where the current file hosting server is, same building even)

Hopefully just another routing glitch, because those are easily fixed, and don't require me to go in on a weekend.
Worst case, then the nightlies will be down until Monday.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

On site now and there seems to be some compound errors, not only is DNS faffing about, the storage cluster behind that webspace seems to also have broken. Will see how it looks, worst case I'll just have to move the nightly storage again.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Well, things should all be back in functional order, so back to the regularly scheduled nightly builds again.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Thanks for your work on this Ace!
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Hey, if I've got the computing and storage to spare, why not?

Haven't had time to look into doing an Chocolatey auto-package for these, but that should theoretically be possible as well.
GameEnder

Post by GameEnder »

The Nightiles seem to have stopped being built on the 6th of January. There isn't any new builds after the point.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

The problem is that an attacked managed to force their way in and edited configuration files during the time when the storage cluster was being repaired, so might take a while until all that data is put back into a writeable state, don't want to leave open doors for attackers to use after all.

Will look into different storages for the nightly builds in the meantime, got a few other places that should work fine - if with slightly degraded performance.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Well, nightlies should be back in operation again, though they might stop for a while once the new storage cluster is fully running and my dirty hacks no longer work.

But until that point, enjoy.