OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Amenophis

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by Amenophis »

I've just updated to Mint 20 because had experienced problems with OpenMW updates and the old 19.3. What version is your Mint?
SmartGuar

Post by SmartGuar »

Amenophis wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 14:43 I've just updated to Mint 20 because had experienced problems with OpenMW updates and the old 19.3. What version is your Mint?
Thank you. I also have Mint 19. Good to know that it works with the newer version. (It's working now, right?) But such problems make me consider leaving the realm of Ubuntu derivatives.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

If you choose to upgrade just saying that I had so many problems that made me do a backup, install a new clean Mint and restore everything in the end. Since them my Mint has worked pretty fine.
SmartGuar

Post by SmartGuar »

Amenophis wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 18:55 If you choose to upgrade just saying that I had so many problems that made me do a backup, install a new clean Mint and restore everything in the end. Since them my Mint has worked pretty fine.
I don't really have any problems. Mint is awesome. But the age of the packages in the software sources just keeps annoying me over and over again. Maybe Arch/Gentoo with Cinnamon using my configuration is the way to go.
Mantar

Post by Mantar »

Nightlies have been broken for me since like June, because they link to a newer version of libBulletDynamics than is present in my distro, and the nightly doesn't ship with a copy in its libs folder.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Mantar wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 21:21 Nightlies have been broken for me since like June, because they link to a newer version of libBulletDynamics than is present in my distro, and the nightly doesn't ship with a copy in its libs folder.
Is this windows or ubuntu nightlies that we are talking about?

If Ubuntu (PPA) then you'll find all the libs you need in ppa:openmw/openmw (latest stable plus supporting libs), all nightlies/dailies are build using those libs.
Mantar

Post by Mantar »

Oh, derp. The generic linux nightlies are what I meant.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Strange, there was a build just last night and every other night here: https://redfortune.de/openmw/nightly/?C=M;O=D
antnythr

Post by antnythr »

Is there any word on when the MacOS nightly builds might return?