OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
K1ll

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by K1ll »

Linux targz package nightlies are building again. Had to update ffmpeg to a newer version and didn't want to screw my build systems right before a new release.

Now that the release is out I changed my build system a little and updated the systems and all self build dependencies to newer versions (except OSG since that still breaks openmw T_T).

I also had to update the compiler again due to new code requiring more c++11 features. That's why there are only 64 Bit builds now since i don't get prebuilt packages for 32 Bit any more (centos 6 devtoolset-2 is the last one with 32 Bit support and that compiler is too old). If there are no heavy complaints about 32 Bit builds missing i won't invest time in building the compiler packages myself.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I say drop 32-bit and wait for people to complain, I doubt anyone will.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

It seems build process is broken - a last nightly is dated by April 5.
testman
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/testman42

Post by testman »

psi29a wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 18:38 I say drop 32-bit and wait for people to complain, I doubt anyone will.

I would like to point out here that many people were asking for 32 bit TES3MP.
So many people that 32 bit package for Windows was released.

Ok, yes, nightly builds, not much harm in skipping 32 bit here, but for release it should not be neglected.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

akortunov wrote: 10 Apr 2019, 17:54 It seems build process is broken - a last nightly is dated by April 5.
Apparently I somehow managed to lose the ACS patch on my kernel just before leaving for FOSS-North, so my build VM wasn't able to boot.
Fixed that problem, and have almost finished building a new set of nightlies now.
jswami972

Post by jswami972 »

Thank you sir for this.
mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Will the nightly Windows builds be coming back soon? The link in the OP here is for the build from five days ago (May 11).
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

That is really odd, the builds have been running fine here for quite a while now. I started up a manual build though outside the usual window, and that seems to have worked, so I guess I have some debugging to do over the weekend.
mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

OK, thanks for looking into it (and for maintaining these builds)!
john44

Post by john44 »

The May 17th nightly build seems to be messing with merchants somehow. The Mudcrab merchant and the Scamp won't pay the full value for items.