OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
DonutKing

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by DonutKing »

I've been playing for a few hours today with the latest nightly build and it seems to work great - in fact I feel like performance might be a bit smoother than the previous build I was using, which was a couple of weeks old.
Atrayonis

Post by Atrayonis »

Ace (SWE) wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 00:57 Well, I managed to copy all of my build server data over and get a new install up and running, along with a nightly build done with the regular scripts.
Now using VS2019 though, so I'd really like it if people were able to test the build and see if it works as intended, so I can iron out any potential issues before there's a need for RCs.

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~ace/OpenMW/O ... -win64.exe (Of commit 3bd2c114a)
After installing this, I cannot launch the launcher or game anymore. I get an error that it is missing VCRUNTIME140_1.dll.

I checked and OpenMW 0.45 still works. EisigGefroren's version also works.
DonutKing

Post by DonutKing »

Atrayonis wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 09:10
Ace (SWE) wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 00:57 Well, I managed to copy all of my build server data over and get a new install up and running, along with a nightly build done with the regular scripts.
Now using VS2019 though, so I'd really like it if people were able to test the build and see if it works as intended, so I can iron out any potential issues before there's a need for RCs.

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~ace/OpenMW/O ... -win64.exe (Of commit 3bd2c114a)
After installing this, I cannot launch the launcher or game anymore. I get an error that it is missing VCRUNTIME140_1.dll.

I checked and OpenMW 0.45 still works. EisigGefroren's version also works.
Download and install the latest VC runtimes:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

This is because of the change to Visual Studio 19.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

I'll probably bake the VC runtime in at least the RC/release packages, but I haven't really bothered with doing the same for nightlies as it makes the final package larger
Atrayonis

Post by Atrayonis »

Alright, just as long as it's known.
Natural

Post by Natural »

Using the latest nightly and this are amazing, loving the search feature. I'm also seeing better performance than I was previously.

I had a quick question, is there a way for me to rebind the key that activates search? I use tab to open and close my inventory, and it seems tab activates the search function as well.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Currently not, Tab shouldn't really be bound to anything in GUIs in general at the moment, as it's often consumed by keyboard navigation feature and then can't be used for game actions. I'm considering options how to avoid upsetting players that rely on Tab for inventory (some people are) but ideally still keep an ability to be able to look up items without using the mouse to focus on the search field. The current behavior is already a compromise since the original implementation couldn't Tab out of the inventory at all, because the behavior that could be used for that somehow breaks mouse focus on the search fields when there are multiple search fields in the view.

If you don't use keyboard navigation (which is absent in the original game) there's a setting that allows to disable it completely.
Natural

Post by Natural »

Ah, that's understandable. My first thought was having the enter key be used to activate search, but that might only be intuitive for me, and not in the majority of cases, and it might not even be possible or practical because it might be used elsewhere.

How do I turn off the menu keyboard navigation? Is there something I need to add myself to cfg file?
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Like in most interfaces outside of the game, Tab changes the focused widget, there's no special functionality for the search fields, they just *can* be under the focus.

To disable keyboard navigation, add this to your settings.cfg file:

Code: Select all

[GUI]
keyboard navigation = false
If GUI category is already present there, just add the setting in it.
gox

Post by gox »

So, any new versions for windows?... Why there are nightlies for linux, but not for Windows?