OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Ace (SWE)

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Yeah, had that same realization myself, and was annoyed by the fact that the image didn't quite fit the full revision either.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Are the checksums still necessary? The Mac nightly builds don't include them. The Mac ones are also ordered by date if you sort them by name.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

The checksums are admittedly mostly useful for me, but it's still very useful to be able to know which commit a build is from - as multiple commits happen every day.
Otherwise people might just see a date and assume that the build will include every single commit of that day.

And besides, they make it easier to go back in history
infyar

Post by infyar »

Hello Ace! There were some awesome news about pathfinding commit. I wander if it is possible to make build with this feature. I believe It is called " recastnavigation". Thanks for the answer in advanse! And many many thanks for nightly builds!
lysol

Post by lysol »

Personally, I'd say it's not worth messing with for general gameplay it until it gets more finished. It looks very very promising, yes, but it is still just usable for bug testing as far as I can tell.

Maybe I should note that I haven't tried it out for a very long time now. Maybe JDGBOLT can add his 2 cents?
infyar

Post by infyar »

I'd also said so, but there is one thing that ruins multiplayer gameplay. If fact fps drops so hard that we cant mess around Balmora with Morrowind Rebirth installed because NPCs walking into the walls cant find their way. :roll:
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Um, you shouldn't ask for TES3MP builds from OpenMW Windows packager.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Good news... fixed Launchpad PPA nightlies. :)

We have: Trusty, Xenial, Artful, Bionic and Cosmic with i386, amd64 and arm64.

The fix was a bit of Debian Build-Depends arch magic where. That way things could build on Debian and on Launchpad/Ubuntu.
dudezzz

Post by dudezzz »

Will there be a new nightly Windows build soon? The current nightly build is from April 30. I'd like to play the new OpenMW port of Arktwend, but it needs a build that incorporates a fix made on May 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

The current nightly build is actually up-to-date with the state of the repo master branch on May 3 night. No relevant fixes were made in May. You don't need to wait for a new build, just set up Artkwend now.