OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Ace (SWE)

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Both these and the build scripts I wrote use Scrawls OSG fork, no reason to lessen performance after all.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Are these built with vs2017 yet? Might also give a bit of optimization as stated in the second comment by a msft employee here https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog ... -too-easy/
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

They aren't even built with VS2015 yet, ran into an issue when I tried to do that upgrade once upon a time and couldn't find people willing to test the builds back then so I had to postpone it.

I can take another look into upgrading it to VS2015/2017 possibly sometime next week, but bear in mind that OSG will probably stay built with VS2015 for a while longer so any gains might not be as big as they could be.
Naugrim

Post by Naugrim »

I noticed that MacOS nightlies are not "directly" linked in the main download section of the site.
I think they should be added, unless you know they are inside the general download link they are hard to miss.
Also, they should be linked with this url (includes sort parameters), so most recent appear at the top:
https://downloads.openmw.org/osx/nightly/?C=M;O=D
Fizzol

Post by Fizzol »

Odd bug that cropped up on NB dated 10/1, The 'Take' option for picking up books you're reading doesn't work. The 'Take' label isn't clickable.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Probably another regression in scrawl's recent window manager refactoring.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

I swear I've fixed that before. No idea where that fix ended up (probably in the endless depths of my git stash never to be seen again?). Anyway, should work now.
ScribKiller

Post by ScribKiller »

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to ask, but figured I'd try here first before posting a thread since it isn't even a "stable" build question.

The issue of windows auto-closing when using a controller is fixed, however now there is no way to navigate through menus without using the mouse (or at least moving slightly it to re-activate the cursor).

I was wondering if currently there is/might be a way to toggle the cursor back on when using the controller so that you can still navigate the menus without mouse/keyboard or this hasn't been figured out yet?

Sorry in advance if my question is low importance.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Is fixed.
NeonNito

Post by NeonNito »

I have noticed that the nightly's are broken, i downloaded the latest one two days ago, then downloaded one today, and they are the same version. Anyone else getting this?