OpenMW 0.27.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
WeirdSexy

Re: OpenMW 0.27.0

Post by WeirdSexy »

Zini wrote: Not happy about that. There are still mistakes in there; some flaws in the terminology, some wording that at least has the potential to create confusion and some things that are plainly wrong. Wasn't aware that we were planning to release it now, otherwise I would have gone over it and done a proper review.

I recognize that releasing OpenCS without any instructions might be even more problematic, but at least we should add a clear warning about the state of the manual.
It just happened as a result of some IRC discussion last night. I see two options:
  1. Remove the download link for the manual and in the video I say "The best way to learn OpenCS will be to read the manual. It's not ready just yet, but we'll let you know when it's available. For now, it couldn't hurt to download the thing and play around."
  2. We keep the manual available and put a warning on the downloads page, or in the manual itself, as well as in the video.
your choice.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Yes, unfortunatly we are far from our exception in case of manual. But it will get better.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Let's go for option #2.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

The linux tar.gz seems to contain a 70 mb OgreMain_d.so.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

OpenGL renderer crashes openmw for me on Windows. Can anyone else test?
Works fine on linux, of course.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Our PPA has builds for all Ubuntu releases except for Saucy, this is because we are still waiting for a fix to land in Saucy (Ogre3D SRU) which should be any day now.

We are going full dynamic libs here, so our users will need to first have our build PPA then openmw PPA, this is the same as for any developer using our PPA. We are moving away now from static libs.

build libs:
ppa:openmw/build

releases:
ppa:openmw/openmw

We'll think about merging these into one eventually.

With time, this won't be necessary at all and we'll just push to Debian. :)
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Zini

Post by Zini »

Great.
maqifrnswa

Post by maqifrnswa »

BrotherBrick wrote:Our PPA has builds for all Ubuntu releases except for Saucy, this is because we are still waiting for a fix to land in Saucy (Ogre3D SRU) which should be any day now.

We are going full dynamic libs here, so our users will need to first have our build PPA then openmw PPA, this is the same as for any developer using our PPA. We are moving away now from static libs.

build libs:
ppa:openmw/build

releases:
ppa:openmw/openmw

We'll think about merging these into one eventually.

With time, this won't be necessary at all and we'll just push to Debian. :)
Thanks to BrotherBrick's work, the Debian PPA has package for both wheezy and sid (jessie). i'll update the installation instructions.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Merge is done, all packages now exist in one uber-ppa: ppa:openmw/openmw

Saucy is still MIA, waiting for that SRU to fall into place.