[PR] Big fish - interview

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zedd

Re: [PR] Big fish - Trailer

Post by Zedd »

@WeirdSexy
We will eventually be in need of a FAQ/explanatory video about the example suite and editor. these two (side)projects are somehow barely mentioned and most people don't even know of their existence.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Editor will get better covered after OpenMW 1.0.0.

Example suite should get more attention when there will be something actually to show. Does anybody actually WORK (do models and textures, drop stuff in the CS render window, write dialogs) at the moment? What is the status when compared to the last year?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Anyway, can we decide what we are about to do?

If we are gonna follow interview idea, I think I should contact with Notling to get some questions recorded on audio files. Next we shall write answers.

I think We should ask WeirdSexy to record our answers with his BBC voice.

Doing full fledged live podcast is more chalenging and a lot more complicated (timezones, we need at least one developer talking (but better two) etc.).
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

I'm not sure whether or not we need to record anybody's voice, depending on the kind of article/video CaptainShack wants to make. And since it's on his channel/site the questions will be provided by him, not by us.

Say CaptainShack, it seems like we need some more clarification :D.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Oh, we can make some sort of trailer anytime. But I still think we should consider doing something more.
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

The problem with this thread is that we are trying to plan about a trailer, the interview CaptainShack wants with OpenMW, and any other future publicity stunts, and comments about different topics are getting confused with each other.

Let's take it a notch down and let's keep the talk about the trailer for later.
(can somebody with the rights change the 'trailer' in the title to 'interview'?)
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Zedd wrote:Let's take it a notch down and let's keep the talk about the trailer for later.
(can somebody with the rights change the 'trailer' in the title to 'interview'?)
Done :)
WeirdSexy

Re: [PR] Big fish - interview

Post by WeirdSexy »

OpenMW Team Podcast would be sweet.

It would be really nice to get the words of the rest of the team out there for more people to see. There seem to be some people on the YouTube channel that think I, the guy whose voice they are hearing, am the sole person responsible for the OpenMW project.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

WeirdSexy wrote:There seem to be some people on the YouTube channel that think I, the guy whose voice they are hearing, am the sole person responsible for the OpenMW project.
You mean you aren't!? /s

Yeah, a podcast would be a lot of fun. We could do it Dwarf Fortress style every several months. Give a very broad overview of progress and implemented features and shenanigans gotten up to at OpenMW.org. We could feature different guest OpenMW members on to talk about topics pertinent to that point in time.
raevol

Post by raevol »

WeirdSexy wrote:There seem to be some people on the YouTube channel that think I, the guy whose voice they are hearing, am the sole person responsible for the OpenMW project.
WeirdSexy is a charisma-infused clone that Zini grew to offload work to.