OpenMW 0.24.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Ace (SWE)

Re: OpenMW 0.24.0

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Sorry for dissappearing again, you should really try to contact me on IRC if I go missing. Anyway, packaged d3dx9_43.dll into the builds for now even though the DirectX web redist installer should've taken care of that.

The release builds can be found at:
32-bit
64-bit
raevol

Post by raevol »

Does
Ace (SWE) wrote:Anyway, packaged d3dx9_43.dll into the builds for now even though the DirectX web redist installer should've taken care of that.
resolve:
rab wrote:Maybe you should add to the list of known issues for Windows that you need to install the DirectX 9 SDK, not just the runtime.
?

Once we have an answer to that, we just need to upload the packages, post the announcement, and set the youtube video to public. lgro, if you happen to get to that before me, go for it. Otherwise I'll do it tonight or tomorrow night.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Also can someone take a look at this 0.24.0 crash really quick: http://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1637
Zini

Post by Zini »

raevol wrote:Also can someone take a look at this 0.24.0 crash really quick: http://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1637
I don't know. There are some shader shenanigans in the OGRE log. Could be a driver problem or something in that general area. Switching shader languages might help or not. Scrawl is probably better then me at commenting on it. But definitely not a showstopper.
Berandas

Post by Berandas »

As I was mentioning the reversed sound on Win32 version, it seems that only fire sources are affected (torches, fireplaces, etc.), all exterior static sounds that I encountered were working fine. But it's hard to check, since there aren't much sound sources without animations activated.
Also propylon chamber particle effects seems to be speeded up, they look like lightsabers.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Hey, since you were talking about my crash problem, I can add that 0.23 crashed for me too. I just thought I did something wrong and didn't have the time to figure out where I did it. Now, when I tried the RC2 for this release, I were a lot more careful not to do anything wrong when installing (haha, how hard could it be) and since this version crashed too, I thought I might ask here since it could as well be a bug. Version 0.20 - 0.22 worked without any problem.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

raevol wrote:Does
Ace (SWE) wrote:Anyway, packaged d3dx9_43.dll into the builds for now even though the DirectX web redist installer should've taken care of that.
resolve:
rab wrote:Maybe you should add to the list of known issues for Windows that you need to install the DirectX 9 SDK, not just the runtime.
?

Once we have an answer to that, we just need to upload the packages, post the announcement, and set the youtube video to public. lgro, if you happen to get to that before me, go for it. Otherwise I'll do it tonight or tomorrow night.
Yes, that's exactly the thing it resolves.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Ace (SWE) wrote:Yes, that's exactly the thing it resolves.
Cool, thanks!
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Any idea what might be causing all this?
weirdland.jpg
weirdinterior.jpg
Happens both on Windows 8 and the arch Linux VM I run on it.
Does it with both OpenGL and Direct3D.

I'll check to see if it does it on my laptop that dual boots Arch and Windows 7.

Also, If I load Bloodmoon, the engine crashes on startup because it tries to load Bloodmoon.esm before the parent Morrowind.esm. Tribunal works fine, looks like it loads everything in alphabetical order.
rab

Post by rab »

Ace (SWE) wrote:Sorry for dissappearing again, you should really try to contact me on IRC if I go missing. Anyway, packaged d3dx9_43.dll into the builds for now even though the DirectX web redist installer should've taken care of that.
Thanks. The 32bit version now runs! 64bit doesn't though:

Code: Select all

ERROR: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic library
C:\Program Files\OpenMW 0.24.0\.\/RenderSystem_Direct3D9.dll.  System Error: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
 in DynLib::load at B:\Programming\Projects\Ogre\Source\OgreMain\src\OgreDynLib.cpp (line 91)