Team Page and credits.txt

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
pvdk

Re: Team Page and credits.txt

Post by pvdk »

raevol wrote:Hey, me, you're forgetting about me.
You are mentioned in the credits.txt ;)

@Zini: would it be a good idea to update the Team page with the contents of the credits.txt file? I see no reason why those two texts should be different from eachother.
dougmencken

Post by dougmencken »

Better to listen everybody instead of filtering "you contribued more than zini-llion lines of code, then I'll include you".

But actually, current status of OpenMW sources is unknown. It can be hi-jiked by everybody. Because of empty copyrights and license headers.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Oh come on doug, first the IRC channel and now the forums too? Frankly, I've grown tired of your aggrieved attitude, and I'm not the only one.

Please keep posts on-topic and please change your attitude, you're not helping with your sarcastic remarks.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

pvdk wrote:Oh come on doug, first the IRC channel and now the forums too? Frankly, I've grown tired of your aggrieved attitude, and I'm not the only one.

Please keep posts on-topic and please change your attitude, you're not helping with your sarcastic remarks.
Glad I'm not the only to feel this way.

@dougmencken: Grow up and get with the program. This is GPLv3, it can be 'hi-jacked' and forked and whatever you or anyone else likes to do. Don't lord it over everyone to have your way, fork it already and shut-it. If your work has any merit, we'll just pull it from your git repo. That is how FOSS works. Most people do not get their panties in a bunch (read being entitled) just because their name is not on the front of everyone's nose.

Please contribute nicely and try not put people down or otherwise act like a jerk.
wheybags

Post by wheybags »

He didn't put anyone down, you did...
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Thanks! :)
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

"Hrnchamd" needs to be added to the "Formula Research" and "Reverser and Research" sections in credits.txt and the team page, respectively. "Epsilon" needs to be added to "Reverser and Research" on the team page.

Should we condense those naming options down into one title? Though, it's not just researching formulas. I, at least, do/did a fair amount of engine behavior research.
Zini

Post by Zini »

@Zini: would it be a good idea to update the Team page with the contents of the credits.txt file? I see no reason why those two texts should be different from eachother.
Not sure. The credits file lists everyone who has ever contributed. The team page lists the currently active team with a separate section for retired members. That kinda makes sense, but it is hard to keep up to date, which makes it more or less useless. I am kinda inclined to agree with you here.
potatoesmaster

Post by potatoesmaster »

Sergey Shambir should appear in the credits too.
Amongst other things, he has solved the bug 529 (commit).
Zini

Post by Zini »

That is actually not fully fixed yet, but he has code in master. So yes, he should be listed.