OpenMW 0.22.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
nopoe

Re: OpenMW 0.22.0

Post by nopoe »

Awesome video as always. Thanks for your hard work, WeirdSexy! And congrats to everybody on the monumental release.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

WeirdSexy wrote:
bwrsandman wrote:Vanity cam on top of Vivec's head made me lose it. :lol:
Excellent commentary, as always!
:D

Here's a curiosity. When you change your race with "EnableRaceMenu", your torso (with extra arms and hands) drops to the floor until you close the console window.
openmw 2013-03-24 11-51-31-96.jpg
Strange, all the parts that are bound to a single bone stay in the right place. The others don't.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Tried out 0.22. Walking and running looks and feels so damn smooth. This is very impressive, when I was first trying to render NPCs into the project (and had no idea what I was doing - building them with multiple scene nodes), I wasn't sure we would ever get to this point. I have been proved wrong for sure.
potatoesmaster

Post by potatoesmaster »

Zini wrote: As I mentioned to the guy working on the fallback stuff, it might be a good idea to add minimal default values. With these OpenMW would look very odd, but would not crash. There was no interested in this feature though. If someone else wants to do it, be my guest.
This is already in next. It tried without having the fallback values imported: the game does not crash, but it is not playable because almost all the screen is black (lighting use fallback values and they default to zero if they are not found).
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Great video, WeirdSexy! I'd say it's probably your best so far! Also, I enjoyed watching you run from Mournhold to Fort Frostmoth; putting it in a separate video was a good idea.

It was good to see both Port Telvannis and Necrom in the video! I know those guys have been working really hard on their project too, so this is a nice tip of the hat to them!
Chris

Post by Chris »

jhooks1 wrote:
WeirdSexy wrote:Here's a curiosity. When you change your race with "EnableRaceMenu", your torso (with extra arms and hands) drops to the floor until you close the console window.
openmw 2013-03-24 11-51-31-96.jpg
Strange, all the parts that are bound to a single bone stay in the right place. The others don't.
Because a pose isn't applied to an NpcAnimation object until runAnimation() is called (though without having also called play(), there's no saying what pose you'll get), and that's not run on in-world objects while the game is paused.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I know that Raring isn't to be released until next month, so this might be a bug, but I just want to run it past you guys first. The build for OpenMW failed with this:
[ 76%] Building CXX object apps/openmw/CMakeFiles/openmw.dir/engine.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable ../../openmw
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.7/../../../../lib/libOgreMainStatic.a(OgreDynLib.cpp.o): undefined reference to symbol 'dlopen@@GLIBC_2.1'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'dlopen@@GLIBC_2.1' is defined in DSO /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
The log can be found here:
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/13520703 ... ILD.txt.gz

I'm able to "fix" this by adding "-ldl" to the list of linked libraries and ${CMAKE_DL_LIBS} somewhere in a target_link_libraries() but I'm not sure where yet.

We are apparently not the only ones having this problem:
https://gist.github.com/kwk/3595733

What do you guys think?
Zini

Post by Zini »

That looks like an OGRE dependency, so the OGRE cmake find script should take care of it. From what I see we are using the default script from OGRE, therefore the problem needs to be fixed in OGRE. But we can always add a stopgap solution if necessary.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Guys! I'm so sorry, I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off this weekend, and couldn't check the forums. I'll get the release up tonight, I'll try to get the release announcement drafted today so you can approve it Zini.
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

Awesome videos WeirdSexy!