When did we get sooo ... polished?

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
cdoublejj

Re: When did we get sooo ... polished?

Post by cdoublejj »

When I first saw this project, and then how often you have been cranking out updates, I was blown away. The website and youtube videos for each news updates look very professional. I definitely like the youtube videos for each update. So to who ever is making the YT videos for updates, good job!
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

cdoublejj wrote: I definitely like the youtube videos for each update. So to who ever is making the YT videos for updates, good job!
That would be Weirdsexy

I can't speak of the beginnings either, but since I've been working for this project, I must say that I'm very pleased with the way things are going. I've contributed in other projects too, but for the first time I really have the impression I'm part of something that will be a major milestone for future Morrowind gamers. What is done here by people who are all doing this for free and mostly in their free time (although I think the main developers are putting more in this than just their free time :) ) is quite something, if not unbelievable. So to those who lead this project 'the most', what you did is not easily achieved, well done.
cdoublejj

Post by cdoublejj »

Pretty sure it wound up on the front page with some decent up-votes not to long ago. Regardless I learned about from the front page of overclock.net.

I have been a part of Street Rod 3 for years now. One of the biggest things I can tell you, is having people work together and getting people stay and of course planning which you guys seem/appear to be doing a great job, so props to you all. 8-)
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

cdoublejj wrote:...learned about from the front page of overclock.net.
So it is worth it for me to post OpenMW news there! Sometimes I'm not so sure from the comments those threads get, but a decent number of people there do seem to be interested.
Last edited by WeirdSexy on 07 Oct 2012, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
cdoublejj

Post by cdoublejj »

WeirdSexy wrote:
cdoublejj wrote:...learned about from the front page of overclock.net.
So it is worth it for me to post OpenMW news there! Sometimes I'm not so sure from the comments those threads get, some a decent number of people there do seem to be interested.
OCN is a love hate relation ship for me. I like the news and market place. But, if you have an out date machine or want to figure something out rather just fix it prepare to get flamed. They allow pg13 avatars but, not g rated language. any more violations and i get banned and half my offense are for stuff like "b.s." literally but, also for straight up using bullshit or words like damn.

The love to through the book at but, not moderate real issues from what i have seen there. I guess that comes stems from the shear size of the place. Before I get banned iI plan on making write up on their fked up polices, and they are fked up policies especially after seeing a number of thread, "messed up" is no way a proper description.

On the up side they definitely have a good sized linux section/community and there people there who appreciate the project. You just get a lot of closed minded people being on the front page. I definitely stick up the OMW news posts when people diss it.

As the project gets more advanced I think could have an on going OMW thread there with screen shots and info posted by OCNers.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Yeah, what you say about their moderation policies is definitely true. Their policies and the close minded population discourage me from posting very much there. I think I have ~600 posts and I've been there for 4 years at least. Anyway, if you plan on doing this write-up and plan on using the word "fuck", don't censor it to "fk". If you feel like you have to do something like that, just use different language. Either way, using that kind of profanity in a setting like OCN it's going to come off as a childish rant. Sadly, people will focus on your potty mouth rather than the content of what your post and it will probably get locked a little faster.

Seriously though, I feel like some of the people there might only be able to list "Fox News" as their education. I just try to remember that in a place that big, there's going to be people like that and just to ignore them and talk to the better members of the community.

Anyway, I'll continue to post news there.