Youtube Account

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
ElderTroll

Youtube Account

Post by ElderTroll »

Our Youtube page has over 500 subscribers and will soon hit 75,000 views. How long do people think until the first million views? I'm going to be optimistic and say one year from today.
raevol

Re: Youtube Account

Post by raevol »

That's really awesome!
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I've been monitoring this :D I was gonna wait until 100k views to mention it, to be dramatic. I think this next release should get us pretty close to 100k. To be honest, I wish more people than this would have subscribed. I hate spamming "HEY GUISE, DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE, GIVE ME A LIKE WHILE YOURE AT IT, REALLY HELPS" type stuff, though.

Anyway, go team OpenMW!
raevol

Post by raevol »

WeirdSexy wrote:... I was gonna wait until 100k views to mention it, to be dramatic.
You ruined everything ElderTroll. :roll:
mate

Post by mate »

Mostly due to Weirdsexy's sexy voice
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

yeah mate
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Yeah, keep the videos coming weirdsexy.
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

While version 0.15.0 got 17k views, 0.16.0 has 16k, and 0.17.0 has 14k views.. What do you think is the cause of this?

Btw weirdsexy, is that Q&A video you were talking about, going up any time soon? :)
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Older video has more views since there was more time to view it.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I don't intend to stop making videos any time soon :)

Necrod, it makes sense that the older videos would have more views, but I've noticed that the more recent ones after gotten as many views as fast as the other ones. Perhaps there was more hype when OpenMW first started making rapid growth again? However, I've also noticed that the newer videos have gotten more 'likes'. The one for 0.17 has the most 'likes' of any of our videos (I think), and doesn't have a single dislike!

Also, I was wondering when you guys were going to start poking me about the FAQ vid. Ideally I'd like to release it with/before a 0.18 vid, but I've got alot going on with school and whatnot at the moment. I can only say that I will try my best to get it does as soon as I can. Perhaps then I will start getting some better questions to answer on our YouTube channel :D