Youtube Account

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Necrod

Re: Youtube Account

Post by Necrod »

Yup, nice video.. Though I was always wondering why do you guys have weird recommendations on every video? Not only are they weird, they have nothing to do with TES
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Thanks guys. Should we make it unlisted now or wait until 0.18's release? Now makes us seem more active but listing with 0.18 seems much more coherent.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

There is no need to hold it from public imho.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I don't think so either. I'll check back in a while to see if anyone else has chimed in and make a decision then. If I (or anyone else, I don't claim dictatorship over the YouTube account) makes it public, I suggest all the PR people make a post on the pages they maintain like " ... v0.18 should be out within the next few weeks, but for now you might enjoy this bit from our eccentric and sexually appealing videographer going over a few frequently asked questions concerning our project..."
Zini

Post by Zini »

Publish it. No point in waiting. We need a new release video soon anyway and its better to have them spread out than two at once.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Done deal then.
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

WeirdSexy wrote:Done deal then.
It should also be posted on blog, and under FAQ section of the blog. Also maybe ModDB, and other sites.
Also there should probably be links to openmw moddb, facebook, steam etc. at the end of each video?
jedd

Post by jedd »

To whoever is making these videos: please don't abuse of effects on your voice. You already have a naturally clear voice and a large diaphragm microphone it seems.

If you put on good headphones (Sennheiser's here) and listen consecutively to chunks of both these videos...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkOCH6bWqeo&fmt=18 (May of this year)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2PKBD0D9Gw&fmt=18 (The most recent)
... you'll have to agree with me that the voice has gotten more metallic, and the stereo effect is weird (why would one's voice be in stereo anyway?).

Just my 2 cents on the form. The content is great as always with these videos :)
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

it's done for blog. Tomorrow post will contain link.

PS
@Jedd

It's just because that WS is in fact cyborg send from distant future to save the world from aliens ivnasion. His larynx is at the moment a little used but relax, He will visit prosectorium soon.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Oh god, nope, not because I'm a cyborg. Not that I'm denying it, but it's unrelated. I accidentally used a processing chain preset on the voiceover that is very similar to the one I use for OpenMW videos. I wasn't wearing headphones, so I didn't notice the Flanger. Well... what should I do guys? I mean, I could take it down and re-up a new one with correct audio, but this one already has comments on it. If you aren't wearing headphones, it's rather hard to notice.
I say leave it because it's funny and we already published it, but it will be rather strange to anyone watching who is wearing headphones.

I'll pay more attention in the future and be more careful about giving my custom presets distinct names :)