Daedric Font

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
scrawl

Daedric Font

Post by scrawl »

For magic scrolls (and possibly other things) we need a daedric font.

There were problems with the original MW fonts (.fnt) with different glyph heights, so we'll have to look for an alternative.

I found a .ttf font made by a fan with a license that looks suitable: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedric_A ... edric_Font

Code: Select all

This was done entirely as a personal project. Bethesda Softworks graciously granted me the permission for it. I am not connected with them in any way.
You may freely use these fonts to create anything you'd like. You may re-distribute the fonts freely, over the Internet, or by any other means. Always keep the .zip file intact, and this read me included.
Please do not modify and redistribute the fonts without my permission.
You may NOT sell any of these fonts under any circumstances. This includes putting them on compilation font CDs for sale, putting them in a "members only" pay-area of a website, or any other means of financial gain connected in ANY way with the redistribution of any of these fonts.
You have my permission to create and sell any artwork made with these fonts, however you may need to contact Bethesda Softworks before doing so.
OGRE supports .zip resources, so there's not even a need to ask the author.

This is how it looks in MyGUI:
Tarius

Re: Daedric Font

Post by Tarius »

Here is he Oblivion font by Steve Deffeyes(aka dongle)
http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/ ... readme.txt

It would seem the link on that site is dead, but here are the fonts:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22081676/Oblivion.zip
The readme isnt included in that but it is easy enough to copy from the site above.

Accoring to the copyright, you can include this in what you wish and redistribute as long as you dont edit them.

Edit: No I didnt click the link there, and I just realized I linked the same thing. Just leaving this here because I feel like it.
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

I was going to modify a font that matches Morrowind one, but couldn't find a proper tool
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

Did you try fontforge?
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

Windows
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

Windows user... yeah. You did not even bothered following the link... right?
fontforge works on Unix, Linux, Mac and MS Windows...
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

Lol yes I did follow the link, it's not nice to generalize people like that.
And when I clicked download there was only linux file. So I thought there surely isn't windows version as you probably assumed I'm a linux user
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

Back to topic, there is no windows binary in the site (or any other system for the matter). You have to compile it yourself via cygwin or looking for a binary in some non-official sites. It is explained here. I can help if you need, but there is nothing difficult really.

But question, why do you want to rewrite the font? You do not like mr. Dongle font? It even has a decent license for openmw purposes. Being unable to edit the font might be annoying however.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

But question, why do you want to rewrite the font? You do not like mr. Dongle font? It even has a decent license for openmw purposes. Being unable to edit the font might be annoying however.
Ah, the font is good as is, there is two versions, the sharp and the worn. Its exactly like the game so I dont see a need to rewrite.
Last edited by Tarius on 07 May 2012, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

This is what I was thinking too, but maybe Necrod has something in his mind we do not know.

About the first post screenshot, it should not be better using the worn out version?