State of the Game, April 12, 2012

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
raevol

State of the Game, April 12, 2012

Post by raevol »

Sup peeps. It's been a little slow here on the forums lately, but I know a lot is going on behind the scenes as we churn towards 0.14. I think it'd be cool if everyone posted a little blurb on what they have been working on, what their plans are, and what they think about the future.

I've been dabbling with our Twitter and Facebook, it's not very labor-intensive work. Since the recent big redesign, I've also been thinking about starting a Google+ page for us. We'll see. As for the future, I am ridiculously excited about terrain landing in 0.14. I plan to fly all around Morrowind and see everything, I've really missed it. Wee!
ElderTroll

Re: State of the Game, April 12, 2012

Post by ElderTroll »

I've working on the two week update for all the forums and websites. I wish I could give readers a little more insight into the utility of each project everyone is working on, but I figure readers may be more advanced users than myself, or they are reading for screenshots and videos and to see that there is activity. There certainly is activity these days!

As for what I hope for the project; I'm in a Korea and not a lot of people know about Morrowind here. They know about Skyrim, but I think these games are less attractive to Asian audiences because it's the mythology is European and reflects European ideas.

So here what I hope; that we get ambitious people from all over the globe to start translating the game into their native languages and modding it to reflect their culture's mythology. I think only good things can come from that. I've met a couple game designers here and they are familiar with Ogre, bullet, and other foss software and I think they are surprised at what we're doing. I want to get some Koreans involved!
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Right now I am working on clothing/armor.

For .15 I hope to work more on the physics system that I showed off on youtube recently.

I also want to bring in some of Chris's work on animating creatures. Of course though, if he wants to, he should take the lead in bringing them into openmw. Even if we can't get Ogre's animation system working, the way he is applying the bone weights is more efficient and may be able to be implemented into openmw.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Working on the world model; data structures and preparations for game mechanics. Basically the non-exciting stuff. Wasn't planning to do that for 0.14.0. originally, but people are chomping through the exciting stuff (graphics and the user visible parts of game mechanics) so fast, we were on the verge of running out of this kind of tasks that don't have uncompleted prerequisite tasks.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Working on getting the esm records to save properly, right now some data is lost when saving so I'm working on tracking that down and hopefully being able to make close to byte-perfect copies.
Once I've gotten all that worked out I think I'm going to slip back to only being the Windows package maintainer for a while, perhaps see if I can build a new dependency package for windows developers.
hircine

Post by hircine »

working on getting the item classes to return a string through the ptr class (I may need help on this), after that I will be able to continue work on the Container GUI and get shiny items showing up everywhere...
raevol

Post by raevol »

Awesome. :) All very exciting!
hircine

Post by hircine »

gus is now working on the inventory, but I will be helping out with the MyGUI layouts/xml stuffs. (i hit a bit of a roadblock)

after he has worked out a few things I will have a look at doing some not critical GUI tasks.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

I'm getting a little annoyed already by the graphics stuff, so I'll take a break in terms of implementing some GUI elements that I've wanted to see for a long time. Mainly:
- Tooltips
- Door markers on the map
- Tooltip for the object that the crosshair points on
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Well, this thread was certainly handy for us newsposters. Thanks, guys.