You guys are awesome <3

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
DecumusScotti

You guys are awesome <3

Post by DecumusScotti »

Hey dear openMW devs and supporters,
just wanted to drop by and express my sincerest thanks for all the hard work you have put in over such a long time! I've followed the progress since around the frantic release video of v.0.26, though I think 0.38 was the first version I've actually played. By now it's such a smooth experience that I'd never want to go back to vanilla MW.
So all I want to say is a big
THANK YOU!
Love,
DS
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: You guys are awesome <3

Post by psi29a »

Cheers! :D
Dyskos

Post by Dyskos »

Well, I'd like to chime in on this anti-negativity positivity post as well and say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you guys for allowing me to play one of my favourite games of all time! Unfettered by the limitations of old hardware and buggy, closed software; my experience with Morrowind has solely been on OpenMW, and I couldn't possibly enjoy my experience with MW any other way. :D

Really, guys, you are the very reason for the extreme success this project has seen. Let no one tell you OpenMW is a failure, because there are literally facts :twisted: to prove them wrong. No matter how long it takes to reach 1.0, it will have been a triumph unlike any other. No other FOSS video-game engine recreation project can claim to what y'all have done here, it is simply fantastical! Truly a force to be reckoned with, even compared to non-engine recreation projects. The world is a much better place because of the hard work and dedication you guys put into making OpenMW possible -- all because of the love for a single game. Truly, many of us are indebted to you all.

Here's to reaching OpenMW 1.0, and to the Dream Team that will make this dream come true ~

Hip Hip, Hooray!!!
Hip Hip, Hooray!!!
Hip Hip, Hooray!!!
raevol

Post by raevol »

Thank you for this. I know I don't contribute code to this project, but as someone who has been with it for 10 years, we need this right now.