Is this 'normal' Morrowind enemy behaviour?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
mzry

Is this 'normal' Morrowind enemy behaviour?

Post by mzry »

Hi all,

I played Morrowind when it first came out many moons ago and recently I have been playing through it once again but using OpenMW as the engine. There have been a few situations where enemy behaviour seems oddly ridiculous.

* If I cannot be bothered to fight every little creature from one place to another, since my character is very fast, jumping all the way to the destination seems to attract critters I saw miles away, takes them a long time to catch up but still they're on their way. It gets kind of annoying sometimes when the 'danger' music is just constantly playing but the enemy never catches up, or they're stuck inside the wall of a building or some glitch. The other day it was causing me so much grief when coming in/out of a deadric temple to recharge after a fight, but of course I can't because there is a random rat or bug somewhere trying to find me, this went on for hours, eventually I found it stuck in a wall and trying to jump out.

Is this normal? Surely the enemy 'alert' state should time out after a while? Or perhaps this is just how Morrowind always behaved, I cannot remember.
Capostrophic

Re: Is this 'normal' Morrowind enemy behaviour?

Post by Capostrophic »

Combat AI package is not removed when the actor is out of AI processing range. This is not the vanilla behavior of combat (it's not implemented as an AI package there whatsoever though), but it's a known reported issue.