Made a Launcher UI Design.

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
AceK7

Made a Launcher UI Design.

Post by AceK7 »

Was fooling around in photoshop and came up with a neat idea for the OpenMW launcher. I put less than twenty minutes into it, not supposed to be any kind of professional design.

AnyOldName3

Re: Made a Launcher UI Design.

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The launcher uses Qt and Qt supports stylesheets, so if someone wanted to learn how to implement this sort of thing, it might actually be possible without affecting how it looks for people who'd prefer the current style.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

I can't see the images on either iOS or Windows.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

These are links to Imgur albums in img tag. Here they are linked directly in the tags.

Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Nice! I can see them now.

I think there would need to be an X button to close the window. And there would need to be a link to the new Advanced tab coming out in 0.44.

How would this look on the Data Files tab and such? Those would of course have to be much taller.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Does anyone even know if the launcher can load qss style sheets yet? There's not much point discussing this if it's not even possible.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 21:43 Does anyone even know if the launcher can load qss style sheets yet? There's not much point discussing this if it's not even possible.
I don't see any reason why it couldn't, given that it's well-documented in Qt and you can load from a file.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Very nice! I plan on moving the launcher code to use QML/QtQuick as soon as we drop Qt4 support. The idea is to have a fully themeable launcher, which goes way further than what's currently possible with the stylesheet. Your design could be implemented then and I'd love to see what you (and others) come up with. Another idea was to make it possible to bundle themes with plugins, would be great for total conversions etc. but I have to work out the details on that first.
AceK7

Post by AceK7 »

Apologies for the bad links to the images, I was in a hurry! :P

I'm glad everyone likes it! I think OpenMW is a great project and I was hoping to inspire the community with a nice UI design. I could probably make some more modifications to the design to see how it would look on the other windows, and maybe polish up the UI design some more.

Also, I would love to help out with any graphic design needs the project may need. I have been doing logo design/graphic design, video vfx/production, and music production for a while and I would love to donate that talent.
testman
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/testman42

Post by testman »

I would argue that centre of the logo and dark brown background are hard to distinguish.

Maybe shrink the dark brown background horizontally so that it is only under menu entries while leaving OpenMW logo on the light brow background.