Bug in sneak?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
lambda

Bug in sneak?

Post by lambda »

This is a genuine question, I really do not know the answer: quite by accident I discovered that there is a 100% reliable chance to grind the sneak skill in OpenMW: go invisible and toggle sneak. Rinse and repeat.

I suspect that this is not exactly the intended behaviour. Anyone knows how it is in vanilla?
mojoswagger1980

Re: Bug in sneak?

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

lambda wrote: 08 May 2018, 13:25 This is a genuine question, I really do not know the answer: quite by accident I discovered that there is a 100% reliable chance to grind the sneak skill in OpenMW: go invisible and toggle sneak. Rinse and repeat.

I suspect that this is not exactly the intended behaviour. Anyone knows how it is in vanilla?
No idea about normal morrowind. its giving you sneak skill points for being invisible and then sneaking ? does it need to be complete invisibility or does partial work. Speaking of sneak bugs while in water (you need to be partially submerged on a rock or somthing but still capable of running) run and as you run off the edge toggle sneak you swim full speed and lose no exhaust unless you untoggle sneak. the fact that you can swim sneak in general is kind of questionable in itself but if your partially submerged and begin to run it counts it as sneaking at max speed though it doesnt display sneak ever it just prevents your fatigue meter from draining if its empty it starts to fill .
mojoswagger1980

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

mojoswagger1980 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 10:48
lambda wrote: 08 May 2018, 13:25 This is a genuine question, I really do not know the answer: quite by accident I discovered that there is a 100% reliable chance to grind the sneak skill in OpenMW: go invisible and toggle sneak. Rinse and repeat.

No idea about normal morrowind. its giving you sneak skill points for being invisible and then sneaking ? does it need to be complete invisibility or does partial work. Speaking of sneak bugs while in water (you need to be partially submerged on a rock or somthing but still capable of running) run and as you run off the edge into deep water

No idea about normal morrowind. its giving you sneak skill points for being invisible and then sneaking ? does it need to be complete invisibility or does partial work. Speaking of sneak bugs while in water (you need to be partially submerged on a rock or somthing but still capable of running) run and as you run off the edge toggle sneak you swim full speed and lose no fatigue until you untoggle sneak. the fact that you can swim sneak in general is kind of questionable in itself but if your partially submerged and begin to run it counts it as sneaking at
max speed though it doesnt display sneak ever it just prevents your fatigue meter from draining if its empty it starts to fill .
toggle sneak you swim full speed and lose no exhaust unless you untoggle sneak. the fact that you can swim sneak in general is kind questionable this prevents fatigue but you cant get it to actually display sneak (idk if you can get it to show sneak while swimming ever actually i wasnt trying to sneak i was trying to get out of the water in a groto, to rest and it wasnt happening so i wad trying to get my guy to hunker down a little because i was almost on that damn rock and it said you cant rest until solid ground when this happened
'

No idea about normal morrowind. its giving you sneak skill points for being invisible and then sneaking ? does it need to be complete invisibility or does partial work. Speaking of sneak bugs while in water (you need to be partially submerged on a rock or somthing but still capable of running) run and as you run off the edge toggle sneak you swim full speed and lose no exhaust unless you untoggle sneak. the fact that you can swim sneak in general is kind of questionable in itself but if your partially submerged and begin to run it counts it as sneaking at max speed though it doesnt display sneak ever it just prevents your fatigue meter from draining if its empty it starts to fill .
lambda

Post by lambda »

No idea about normal morrowind. its giving you sneak skill points for being invisible and then sneaking ?
Yes.