OpenMW-compatible texture/mesh replacers?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Sslaxx

OpenMW-compatible texture/mesh replacers?

Post by Sslaxx »

Well, some combination of replacer mods I'm using give shiny walls in Vivec and a few other places. I'm not exactly confident in my ability to find OpenMW-compatible replacer mods, either. Does a list of any out there exist, or does anyone have any particular suggestions?
halbe

Re: OpenMW-compatible texture/mesh replacers?

Post by halbe »

If you're lazy you can test the beta of my openmw graphics/bugfix overhaul, pm me if you want a link. I fixed all the worthy mods I could in order to make them compatible. Here's some screenshots (that also include the fog shader from the forums): https://imgur.com/a/1WOeP

The whole thing is modular so if you just want to use the ones I fixed for OpenMW and and do everything else yourself then go ahead.
Jarad

Post by Jarad »

How far along are you? And are you uploading to nexus? The screens look awesome.
I am currently using lysol's nm textures plus a few textures and meshes from a ton of other mods sort of hand picked out of bigger packages. It would be nice to have a one stop shop.
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

halbe wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 00:58 If you're lazy you can test the beta of my openmw graphics/bugfix overhaul, pm me if you want a link. I fixed all the worthy mods I could in order to make them compatible. Here's some screenshots (that also include the fog shader from the forums): https://imgur.com/a/1WOeP

The whole thing is modular so if you just want to use the ones I fixed for OpenMW and and do everything else yourself then go ahead.
Yes, I definitely would be interested!
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

Dunno if you're still working on this, but I have noticed some issues further - like a missing menhir file and Vivec's face being purple.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Falc wrote: 14 May 2018, 18:59 Check this out: https://www.reddit.com/r/tes3mods/comme ... ling_step/
There are some errors in this guide though (such as installing my texture packs first and then put normal maps for morrowind on top of it, which makes everything look like crap). I told the author about it a long time ago. He said he was going to fix it asap, but he still hasn't. You can see the problems in the screenshots of vivec. The normal maps don't fit the diffuse map.

Also, he recommends some normal map mods which basically are "hey look, I downloaded crazy bump and imported this texture in it and then exported the normal map. Looks great!!1"-mods. These are bad normal maps which look worse than no normal maps. Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings here.
Nordlicht

Post by Nordlicht »

halbe wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 00:58 If you're lazy you can test the beta of my openmw graphics/bugfix overhaul, pm me if you want a link. I fixed all the worthy mods I could in order to make them compatible. Here's some screenshots (that also include the fog shader from the forums): https://imgur.com/a/1WOeP

Just registered here because of your graphics overhaul. Is it possible to get this? I'm playing around with all of those mods out there for weeks, but it is really hard to get them all work nice together. Your screenshots really look fantastic!
Xenuria

Post by Xenuria »

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has made a fully compatible Open MW Mesh and texture re-placer that covers every single asset in the game. There is some really nice work happening with some nexus mod projects but all of them are different people and none of them are overtly collaborating with each other. We are years out from standardization.