Unable to access website main page directly

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
ElderTroll

Unable to access website main page directly

Post by ElderTroll »

Hey, I get this message if I try to access openmw.org.
Error 1005 Ray ID: 3f46a4ac920e33c1 • 2018-02-28 21:58:05 UTC
Access denied
What happened?
The owner of this website (openmw.org) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (4766) from accessing this website.
I'm in Seoul, South Korea and it has been like this for a long time. My work around has been to google search the forum and then I can get to the bugtracker, forum, etc. Main page is always denied though. Don't know how many Elder Scrolls fans there are in Asia, but it might be turning away more than a few other folks.
raevol

Re: Unable to access website main page directly

Post by raevol »

ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Yeah, it is definitely a large ban as I've tried to access the website not just from my personal computers, but also computers in public places. Thanks, Raevol. I hope this can get resolved. Would be sad if a full country of folks didn't download and use the software, because they are blocked.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

ElderTroll wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 12:24 Yeah, it is definitely a large ban as I've tried to access the website not just from my personal computers, but also computers in public places. Thanks, Raevol. I hope this can get resolved. Would be sad if a full country of folks didn't download and use the software, because they are blocked.
I think I recall someone mentioning that it was an issue with certain ISPs doing something, not entirely sure what, that made bots and such otherwise really hard to detect and permanently get rid of. If it covers pretty much an entire country, though, I'd honestly rather have the bots. Surely there's another way to deal with that.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

FYI, I am trying to start a discussion here about reducing our dependence on Cloudflare, hope to get some input there.