[explicit] Better Bodies on MAC help?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Jwn121

[explicit] Better Bodies on MAC help?

Post by Jwn121 »

On Mac, I tried using the better bodies mod, but the textures aren't loading in properly. I am using the better bodies 3.0 version and the BB hands mod with it, but can't seem to figure out what's the matter with the files. All bodies, except heads and erm... "woman parts", are just the pure purple color that loads in instead of improper files.. Thanks for any help! :D
P.S. with the underwear mesh version, the hands load fine, but only in 3rd person, although I don't really care about that version...
screenshot007.png
screenshot003.png
screenshot002.png
screenshot001.png
screenshot010.png
Azley

Re: [explicit] Better Bodies on MAC help?

Post by Azley »

Usually... Or, from what I've seen. This means that the textures are in the wrong location or are missing.

You can use nifskope or a few other utilities to peek into the meshes data structure and get the appropriate directory placement.
Azley

Re: [explicit] Better Bodies on MAC help?

Post by Azley »

Oh and well we're on the subject...

Does anyone know how psychodog managed to get the knees and elbows to warp with the animations?

It's really hard to tell how bethesda did their animations... I haven't put the time into opening them all up to analyse the parts, nor look at their animation files and see how each part corresponds.

I have picked apart the better bodies mod (cause I wanted to make even better bodies)...

I'm assuming a lot of the enemies use mesh transforms or geo morphing... or vertex motion whatever you want to call it... but the main player character is highly segmented... and I think that all comes down to the capacity for equipment swapping... it was necessary back in those days to remove the hidden body parts to reduce pressure on the renderer.

The seamless better bodies have a lot of quirks I don't trust... but I frankly just haven't looked close enough at them if they pull off a cheap gimmick... or they really out did themselves and got to know just how bethesda's engine and the .nif file work in tandem to provide the extra functionality....

Anyone have insight into this? It's tough as hell to work on these old .nif files... I managed to track down XBlender2.49 with the .nif plugins preinstalled... but that's wonky as hell...