[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
mojoswagger1980

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

Trev186 wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 02:50
mojoswagger1980 wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 01:00
Trev186 wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 05:50 Yeah it is not working at all

I tried in game of course

I'll give hackers keyboard a try just always hate having to swap keyboards back and forth

So tested with hackers keyboard as can bImage[/img]e seen me inputting ~ and then my screen right after hitting enter

Basically nothing happens at all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/55eb8ngsdl2f6 ... ng?dl=0&m=

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypdbifux8yfpk ... ng?dl=0&m=
I stand corrected , you do not have to be in game to use the console, it works from the title menu. Strange you are not able to, for clarification im using april 21 build of the game. Im using a samsung galaxy note 5 . If you are on an earlier build access might not have been implemented yet . I doubt your device has much to do with it barring emulation or x86.

So yeah I am on the latest build and using an HTC u11+

Should not be an issue all I could think of is maybe something to do with my gamefiels
i must have double messaged you or somthing. why are we having this conversation twice lol but i beleive you have a super early build try the one on page 1 of the forum (april 21st it does have a virtual keyboard)
Medic3000

Post by Medic3000 »

Just Tried This out and I gotta say, It's extremely exciting to be able to visit morrowind on the go like this.
With that said I have one question, and one comment/request for the android porting:

Question:
Is there currently and/or in the future plans to implement mouse and keyboard support? I've got a new bluetooth keyboard comming and I'm curious if I can use it with a mouse to clear up some of the screen realestate from the GUI/Overlay. If mouse support is available/planned will it be FULL support (ie as of Android 5.0+ R-mouse click can be used w/o acting as a back button)

Comment/Request:
It would be really nice if the Android OpenMW supported/handled screen going off better. I know there is an option for screen always on when OpenMW is running, but if a user were to, say bump their lock button and/or need to set the game down for a minute it would be ideal to have some sort of suspended play contingency. I know it's not the end of the world, but if I lock the screen I've got to shut down the app and restart, go through title screens, navigate to my save and load. which, with touch controls takes a bit longer, not to mention if I had not saved for a while before lock button was pressed I'm hosed.
mojoswagger1980

Medic3000 wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 19:48 Just Tried This out and I gotta say, It's extremely exciting to be able to visit morrowind on the go like this.
With that said I have one question, and one comment/request for the android porting:

Question:
Is there currently and/or in the future plans to implement mouse and keyboard support? I've got a new bluetooth keyboard comming and I'm curious if I can use it with a mouse to clear up some of the screen realestate from the GUI/Overlay. If mouse support is available/planned will it be FULL support (ie as of Android 5.0+ R-mouse click can be used w/o acting as a back button)

Comment/Request:
It would be really nice if the Android OpenMW supported/handled screen going off better. I know there is an option for screen always on when OpenMW is running, but if a user were to, say bump their lock button and/or need to set the game down for a minute it would be ideal to have some sort of suspended play contingency. I know it's not the end of the world, but if I lock the screen I've got to shut down the app and restart, go through title screens, navigate to my save and load. which, with touch controls takes a bit longer, not to mention if I had not saved for a while before lock button was pressed I'm hosed.
Answer: There already is keyboard support. Mouse doesnt work except when in menu do to sdl2 requiring the mouse widget on the screen in order to detect input. That is really a limitation with sdl2 and its unlikely the dev can fix that. But there is complete gamepad support! Analogs poll for position so they are unaffected by the lack of mouse cursor. And finally yes, the inability of the app to run in the background is a known issue.
mojoswagger1980

mojoswagger1980 wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 10:47
Medic3000 wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 19:48 Just Tried This out and I gotta say, It's extremely exciting to be able to visit morrowind on the go like this.

Question:

Comment/Request:
Answer: There already is keyboard support. Mouse doesnt work except when in menu do to sdl2 requiring the mouse widget on the screen in order to detect input. That is really a limitation with sdl2 and its unlikely the dev can fix that. But there is complete gamepad support! Analogs poll for position so they are unaffected by the lack of mouse cursor. And finally yes, the inability of the app to run in the background is a known issue.
*******edit*****as soon i wrote that i wondered if the exit to desktop on loss of focus(?not sure if that was terminology) had anything to do with the lack of background play. and as soon as i had that thought i realized i had never messed with that setting and its enabled by default....think ill see what happens when you turn that off .
MackFack

Post by MackFack »

Game crashes on every cell transition on the latest version but works fine on the march 25th version
csombek

Post by csombek »

Does someone know how to delete a spell? Shift click doesn't work for me.
mojoswagger1980

csombek wrote: 22 Aug 2018, 11:53 Does someone know how to delete a spell? Shift click doesn't work for me.
I dont think that hotkey has been implemented yet . I couldnt get it to work either.
mojoswagger1980

Background Play!

If you want the app to play in the background you need to edit the settings.cfg minimize on loss of focus needs to be set to false . There is a black screen briefly but it comes back on . i seriously forgot i was going to try that til now .

P.S. i have not thouroughly tested the game under these settings and it could potentially have undesirable results if 1.) You dont have the game running stable 2.) Somthing else i havent thought of as of yet .
csombek

Post by csombek »

Oh, I just found out that clicking (and holding) with attack button to map plus using the left stick will give you the ability to look around in it (also double click map notes work too), with the same formula you can change the map(and other UI) size and placement but it's not permanent. If you want to change some game settings like always best attack or more quicksace slots (or distant land) then edit the setting.cfg ( found in android/data/com.libomenmw.openmw/config/openmw) using this guide (http://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master/ ... index.html) also you will need an app that can edit cfg files, I use quick edit. I guess that with player->removespell you could delete unvanted spells but I haven't tested it. Also with external keyboard helper demo the volume and back buttons can be made to function as quick keys wich makes the game a lot easier, and if you make the two analog sticks fully transparent the Ui will look much nicer. I saw some mod (I don't remeber the name) that will make an autosave when entering a door. It woudn't solve the crashing problem but maybe it would make the loss of progress less frustrating. Morrowind Optimization Patch helps a bit with fps too. I tested some mods and it seems to be that if they compatible with openmw (wich is almost every mod that doesn't require mwe, mcp and other outside programs) then they are compatible with this port. I now have 50+ hours in the new version and found no problems outside of the water and crashes. But I have an idea, so after holding the attack button you can't look around which is very frustrating with marksman so maybe an analog stick function could be applied to the attack button or something like that, other than that making the option changes and gui changes pemanent, and the game to be able to run in the background would be nice too. All in all I thank you for making this, it's a dream!

*Yup! player->removespell "spell id" works. Just look up the id in construction set or in the internet. Make a spell wich have 1pt of every spell effect for spellmaking and enchanting and delete the rest (expect for the spells you want to use).Then you won't have to search 10min every time you cast something.
Last edited by csombek on 24 Aug 2018, 21:26, edited 6 times in total.
mojoswagger1980

thanks . but question : in your scenario you are deleting spells you made, how would the construction set be able to help determine that? how do you find the spell # on custom spells? do they get registered in the construction set? i deleted that as it is not accessible on android along with everything else in the games root directory accept the Data-Files folder. is there a console argument that displays a list of the characters spells? i guess i could just extract the .exe and look for myself. i would imagine theyd have to be in there.