[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Flessen

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by Flessen »

I read the entire discussion from the first post to last, and I noticed many others have had the same issue of game crashing when entering or exiting doors after March 25th changes. If you are willing to make a few different test releases based on current and March 25th releases i would be more than happy to test.
Dharikas

Post by Dharikas »

Which steam files are you talking about ? And how can I see a path's name on Android 7.1.1 ?
Flessen

Post by Flessen »

Dharikas wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 19:30 Which steam files are you talking about ? And how can I see a path's name on Android 7.1.1 ?
Try Explorer File Manager from Google play store.... And you only d
Need the data files in the morrowind folder and rename it to Data-files
Flessen

Post by Flessen »

On here is some compiled testing

Galaxy s5
OpenGl Es 3.0
Gpu renderer Adreno
Current version RUNS no crashes with doors videos and all

THE Rebel 3
OpenGL Es 3.0
Gpu renderer Adreno
CURRENT version RUNS no crashes with doors videos and all

Fire 8 Hd (2017)
OpenGL Es 3.1
Gpu renderer Mali -T720
CURRENT version CRASHES on doors (enter/exit)
ONLY RUNS w/o crashing on doors on March 25th release.

Perhaps changing to OpenSceneGraph to 3.5.10 (maybe a bug in it being a developer release?) Or an incompatibility with?

Let me know if you need more spec info
mojoswagger1980

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

Flessen wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 18:09 I read the entire discussion from the first post to last, and I noticed many others have had the same issue of game crashing when entering or exiting doors after March 25th changes. If you are willing to make a few different test releases based on current and March 25th releases i would be more than happy to test.
The march 25 release doesnt contain sdl2 nor does it have half the translation included in the recent. Thats a big step backwards to accomodate a few people. The majority is just fine on the april 21 release, for this betas progressions sake just wait for the next release.
mojoswagger1980

Flessen wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 22:30 On here is some compiled testing

Galaxy s5
OpenGl Es 3.0
Gpu renderer Adreno
Current version RUNS no crashes with doors videos and all

THE Rebel 3
OpenGL Es 3.0
Gpu renderer Adreno
CURRENT version RUNS no crashes with doors videos and all

Fire 8 Hd (2017)
OpenGL Es 3.1
Gpu renderer Mali -T720
CURRENT version CRASHES on doors (enter/exit)
ONLY RUNS w/o crashing on doors on March 25th release.

Perhaps changing to OpenSceneGraph to 3.5.10 (maybe a bug in it being a developer release?) Or an incompatibility with?

Let me know if you need more spec info
Its the mali. Its always the mali lol. it hasnt been up to par with the andreno from the gate. Sad, because i honestly feel the better processor scaling is held by ARM, the malis manufacturer compared to the Qualcom Snapdragons that tend to run hot and high end. Not sure what can be done. Need manufacturer support and opengles3.2 and android Oreo to get the new Vulcan Api so not an option here. I think you would have gotten the update already anyway
mojoswagger1980

Dharikas wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 19:30 Which steam files are you talking about ? And how can I see a path's name on Android 7.1.1 ?
You have to be rooted to "see" the file paths as they all brgin in the root folder (/)
mojoswagger1980

What going on with the settings.cfg ? There is supposed to be a lot more settings than there are . There would have to be more settings than this in play for the game to run . Why arent they showing up? Can they be editted in?
mojoswagger1980

mojoswagger1980 wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 01:22 What going on with the settings.cfg ? There is supposed to be a lot more settings than there are . There would have to be more settings than this in play for the game to run . Why arent they showing up? Can they be editted in?
Yep, the settings that arent already in settings.cfg can be edited in !
mojoswagger1980

dnbreloaded wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 18:02 Excellent work! I had a couple of crashes but now it's running smooth. The game only launches in gles 2 mode though. I'm using a zenfone 2 with a x86 processor too.
you might run the pc version on that device. WINE'S android port was aimed primarily at the x86 achitechure. Well at leasts its far more usable out the box without recompiling anything which kind of defeats the point .