[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
mojoswagger1980

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 12:45 If they could get the fingerprint data, then usually it's enough to:
  • Print the fingerprint with a laser printer on glossy paper/plastic.
  • Maybe print over it a few times so a thicker layer of ink builds up. Otherwise, do something else that makes the ridges more defined, such as find something that sticks to the ink but not the paper and paint it with that.
  • Pour a blob of gelatine onto the printout and let it set.
  • Peel it off to find a lump of something fleshy with a fingerprint on it.
Last I checked, there was nothing that didn't fall for one of these.
ok but .....thats an awful lot of steps to steal a phone, that presumptively you got into already to get the prints. im not thinking theres too much in play that having the fingerprints would help with. and (im not beleiving this personally) it says its not storing any copy of the prints but then wtf is it comparing it too to identify you with.
mojoswagger1980

anyone with issues seeing underwater with opengles2 can fix by lowering view distance. i lowered to lowest setting then increased til i lost visibility got just below half way on the slider and can still see perfectly (maybe a little better) underwater. not sure if this effects all devices or if its just my gpu (andreno 430)but lowering it seems to fix . no issues on any view distance with opengles1 but the surface looks terrible almost like its radioactive and its hard to see past surface to view underwater without actually getting in. side note if i enable the rendering setting in option it removes all water lol looks like im seimming in the air under opengles2. doesnt seem to do anything under opengles1.
mojoswagger1980

vrokolos wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 08:44 This is a long shot but..

Can I use the fingerprint scanner on my Samsung s9+ to bind it to "fire"?

The fingerprint scanner is on the back of the phone and it's positioned perfectly so I can do both movement + aiming + firing at the same time without moving fingers at all.

Adding some other ideas for fingerprint scanner:

Tap: Fire
Swipe Up: Jump
Swipe Down: Sneak
Swipe Left: Magic
Swipe Right: Block
im not thinking you can map swipes. i cant with ps4 controllers touchpad anyway it wont recognize it as a key but does allow you to use as look .....which is proabably why it cant be mapped, its being detected as the mouse . hmmmm. i was hoping a modifier key could be mapped to allow somthing similiar to your swipes but as far as i can tell you cant map multiple functions to the keys without unassigning the previous function. if you figure out how id like to know.
mojoswagger1980

AnyOldName3 wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 12:45 If they could get the fingerprint data, then usually it's enough to:
  • Print the fingerprint with a laser printer on glossy paper/plastic.
  • Maybe print over it a few times so a thicker layer of ink builds up. Otherwise, do something else that makes the ridges more defined, such as find something that sticks to the ink but not the paper and paint it with that.
  • Pour a blob of gelatine onto the printout and let it set.
  • Peel it off to find a lump of something fleshy with a fingerprint on it.
Last I checked, there was nothing that didn't fall for one of these.
Saw the youtube vid linked from the main page. The shadows look fantastic. if bethesda has taught me anything about software development it this : Why pay money to develop, improve, and bug fix a title ? Just make a good one and your fans will do all that for free .
mojoswagger1980

increasing the thread count to 2 in settings.cfg=no load time whatsoever but could conceivably crash the game. not reccomended if you have stability issue in general but if you got a decent device and you managed to find your way to the optimization patch (recommended)and the fixuvrock patch (or somthing similiar theres a few) then give it a whirl. it makes the experience seamless, no pauses just like playing on a console .
mojoswagger1980

I really wish I would have read the wiki completely before modding :roll: . Multiple Data-Files folders completely rock when it comes to mod installation/deletion. Maybe sombody sees this and takes the easy road .
mojoswagger1980

mojoswagger1980 wrote: 24 Jun 2018, 18:35 increasing the thread count to 2 in settings.cfg=no load time whatsoever but could conceivably crash the game. not reccomended if you have stability issue in general but if you got a decent device and you managed to find your way to the optimization patch (recommended)and the fixuvrock patch (or somthing similiar theres a few) then give it a whirl. it makes the experience seamless, no pauses just like playing on a console .
edit: actually if your device can handle it, raising the thread count would cause cells to load faster, which could help stability in cases where it crashes when changing cells.
Starsheep

Post by Starsheep »

mojoswagger1980 wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 03:46 actually if your device can handle it, raising the thread count would cause cells to load faster, which could help stability in cases where it crashes when changing cells.
Just in case, for reference, so that you know which value you want exactly
preload num threads
Type: integer
Range: >=1
Default: 1
Controls the number of worker threads used for preloading operations. In addition to the preloading threads, OpenMW uses a main thread, a sound streaming thread, and a graphics thread. Therefore, the default setting of one preloading thread will result in a total of 4 threads used which should work well with quad-core CPUs. If you have additional cores to spare, consider increasing the number of preloading threads to 2 or 3 for a boost in preloading performance. Faster preloading will reduce the chance that a cell could not be completely loaded before the player moves into it, and hence reduce the chance of seeing loading screens or frame drops. This may be especially relevant when the player moves at high speed and/or a large number of cells are loaded in via ‘exterior cell load distance’.

A value of 4 or higher is not recommended. With 4 or more threads, improvements will start to diminish due to file reading and synchronization bottlenecks.
Pelayo

Post by Pelayo »

Just tested it in my 5.1 intel tablet, seems to load the initial cell perfectly (the ship in vanilla startup), then crashes when exiting the ship hatch. Same thing happens when using two different alternate start mods (which I tried just in case there was something wrong with the seyda neen cell and my tablet). So it happens when changing cells apparently. Other than that, I'm amazed at how fast it seems to be while it works.
pianobadger

Post by pianobadger »

Pelayo wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 14:59 Just tested it in my 5.1 intel tablet, seems to load the initial cell perfectly (the ship in vanilla startup), then crashes when exiting the ship hatch. Same thing happens when using two different alternate start mods (which I tried just in case there was something wrong with the seyda neen cell and my tablet). So it happens when changing cells apparently. Other than that, I'm amazed at how fast it seems to be while it works.
I just tried it on a Kindle Fire running Fire OS 5.6.1.0 and the same exact thing happened to me. Everything went smoothly until I tried to exit the ship hatch at which point it crashed. Also, I am not using the steam version.