[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Darkshadow

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by Darkshadow »

Hey guys I need a little help here.. When I exit the Ship it just hangs and then crashes.. Any solutions?
Zanarkan

Post by Zanarkan »

For ➡ "Archive 'Morrowind.bsa' not found"

Because the first time, when i make the path like this ⬇
/storage/extSdCard/Morrowind/Data-Files
I having the same message.
I put the / in the end of the lines end fix it.
You need to be shure about the path this is my advice.

Now for the crash i dont really now... for me the game have crash 1 time no more end i think this is because low memory (phone).

And for ➡ "repeating images on the right side of my screen"
In your galaxy 8 try to change the display resolution of your phone.
Kristubs

Post by Kristubs »

Zanarkan wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 08:25 And for ➡ "repeating images on the right side of my screen"
In your galaxy 8 try to change the display resolution of your phone.
Hey! Thanks for the reply! My phone has 3 screen resolutions: 1480x720, 2220x1080 and 2960x1440. All of them persistently have repeating images with increasing splits with each step up in resolution. 1480x720 has 2 repeating images(shown in initial screenshot), 2220x1080 has 3 images and 2960x1440 has 4 images. It looks like the width of the repeat decreases with each step up as well.
Zanarkan

Post by Zanarkan »

Fail
Ok you can also try to change the settings in game
Windowed or fullscreen and when you open Openmw (lol)
scroll down in Advance try to change graphics library GLESv1 to GLESv2
If all of this step doesn't do the job
I am very Sorry because i cannot help you more.
Hope this fix your problem !
Peace.
Sonny101

Post by Sonny101 »

Kristubs wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 11:19 Hello. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and was wondering if there are any fixes for this? Basically my phone's resolution is too wide for the game to understand? So there's repeating images on the right side of my screen.

Image:
https://i.imgur.com/EZuGUWF.png

Also, I've correctly installed Graphic Herbalism :D however with Morrowind Rebirth I'm getting some very strange conflicting textures on both OpenMW's provided texture options. Are textures something you need to actually put into the game directory?(potentially overwriting vanilla files)
Or can you simply install textures like you would OpenMW for the PC? ...by creating a clean folder and extracting mod files separate from the main game directory, then activating in the .cfg file. Obviously changes need to be made to the .cfg file regardless when dealing with the .apk version of OpenMW

I can provide more screen shots of those conflicting textures if requested.
this happened to me when I tried to run the game in fullscreen, as soon as you turn on navigation bar visibility in games, it will be fixed...
PV13

Post by PV13 »

Hi guys,
I just installed the game on my Samsung Galaxy S7, and while the game starts up fine, Jiub's dialogue doesn't trigger and I am unable to enter my name or move. The guard walks up, but doesn't say anything or move.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I downloaded the game from GOG. I'd be fine with just skipping the intro by dropping in save data from the PC version, but can't figure out how to do it.
Kristubs

Post by Kristubs »

Sonny101 wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 18:41 this happened to me when I tried to run the game in fullscreen, as soon as you turn on navigation bar visibility in games, it will be fixed...
Sonny I think you're on to something here! Thanks for the tip :)

Edit: So I figured it out for my phone.
I have to lock the navigation bar after launching the program, but before actually launching Morrowind. Then once Morrowind is launched, I unlock the navigation bar, it goes away and I no longer have that stupid repeating image on the side!
Unfortunately I have to do this manually everytime I play the game. Because when the navigation bar is deployed it blocks my inventory, jump etc buttons that are on the right side of the screen.
I've manually moved my buttons over to the far right side, if I kept the buttons in their default position I might not have to do this trick everytime, but then I'd have my Nav bar on my screen and prefer the fullscreen.

Thanks again Sonny, you pointed me in the right direction.
Sonny101

Post by Sonny101 »

glad to help

also, I've seen some people asking here where they can find their saves on phone (if you want to use your saves from PC for example)
all you have to do is to go to Android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/share/openmw/saves
(so for me, it looks like this: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/share/openmw/saves)
you can simply copy there your saves and you're good to go, just make sure you have all the neccessary mods installed on phone too (if possible)
Fubarberry

Post by Fubarberry »

PV13 wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 21:43 Hi guys,
I just installed the game on my Samsung Galaxy S7, and while the game starts up fine, Jiub's dialogue doesn't trigger and I am unable to enter my name or move. The guard walks up, but doesn't say anything or move.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I downloaded the game from GOG. I'd be fine with just skipping the intro by dropping in save data from the PC version, but can't figure out how to do it.
I had the exact same thing happen. What it was in my case is that not all of the audio files actually transferred over, and so it was waiting for non-existent audio to play before letting me enter my name.

Check your game files, particularly the sound folder. There are 7,273 files in my sound folder for comparison. With that many small files, some systems have trouble transferring them all onto a phone.
Zanarkan

Post by Zanarkan »

Sonny101

Can you help me for my problem (water display) ?
Read my others post for more information.
If you can solve this problem you will become my Heroes !