[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
krupepe55

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by krupepe55 »

I successfully applied scale of gui 2.0 instead of 1.0 and now its easier to reach and read everything. While still have full resolution of my device fullhd.
https://imgur.com/gallery/bVO99
icecream95

Post by icecream95 »

Can't get it working on my Chromebook (veyron_speedy) (using chromeos-apk).

With both GLESv1 and GLESv2, this crashes with

Code: Select all

Failed to create SDL window: Could not create GLES window surface
krupepe55

Post by krupepe55 »

I do some additional fix, enable subtitles by default in cfg. And i have tried distant land, its working, but not performance friendly, fps drops probably twice on 2.0 cell.
Overall, its awesome, maybe i could make some of the buttons invisible since i play it with gamepad. Perfectly playable on snapdragon 835 on default view distance. It run openmw better than my gpd win, where i play vanilla version of the game.

For chromebook, you should try wine x86 or crossover.
I cap at 60fps, because sometimes up to 150fps will only drain battery and stress gpu without being drawn on 60/50hz displays.
Last edited by krupepe55 on 04 Feb 2018, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
krupepe55

Post by krupepe55 »

I have noticed some problem with controls.
Multitouch, which normally work on my device, doesnt work properly in app. There is certain limitation. It works up to two touches at once. While you do three or probably more, the controls itself, or joystick, got stuck. It creates problem in fights, where you have to move, aim and attack. I hope this can be solved.
Edit:
I have solved this issue, if anyone is facing the same, just disable 3 touch swipe gesture for screenshot in your system.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

I've updated the first post with the new apk, please download and test it.

The changes are:
- There's now an option to set UI scaling
- Pause button should work and emulate ESC properly
- There's now touchpad-like mouse emulation. Note that it only works when mouse cursor is visible, so once you open a menu first you might need to wobble the joystick to make the cursor appear :/
- New text input: touch screen with three fingers to show virtual keyboard
- Support for all modern android architectures: aarch64, x86, x86-64 (should only matter if you have an x86 device)
- As well as update to latest openmw master branch (b1b8e3156253f45c8f1eeaf81bbe537df765ad74) plus the racy patches
krupepe55

Post by krupepe55 »

Great!
You have fixed another issue i've had. When I choose barter, in previous version keyboard instantly open waiting for input of price.
Mrzombieghost2

Post by Mrzombieghost2 »

I get stuck in the beginning where you have to enter your name. When i press the text box. Nothing happens.Any ideas on how to progress?
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

first post, m8
krupepe55

Post by krupepe55 »

Hi Xyzz I was wondering one thing, this is probably glesv1/v2 limitation, but could you think that it could be fixed in the future?
As you can see, water on glesv1 looks white, it change if i look up, terrain look ok and you can see underwater.
On glesv2 water looks good, even shader looks good if its turned on, but you couldnt see anything underwater and terrain texture is blurred.
https://imgur.com/gallery/TbNJE
In glesv1 maybe its some Lightning problem or so, because ať night, water texture is visible without the white...
Dreizu

Post by Dreizu »

Mrzombieghost2 wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 00:08 I get stuck in the beginning where you have to enter your name. When i press the text box. Nothing happens.Any ideas on how to progress?
Currently running "openmw-2018-02-04.apk" on my LG V20.

Three finger tap the screen to bring up the virtual console and then type your name in using the keyboard. Try using your phone's standard KB instead of a 3rd party. I can successfully use the standard LG KB to type in the virtual console but SwiftKey does not work. If your standard KB doesn't work, try using a bluetooth KB in the virtual console. I've had success with that also.

So, these are the things I've noticed initially:

-the game won't accept direct text input from a bluetooth KB (oddly, when typing, I can see the cursor blink to my key presses)
-virtual console brings up the phone's KB correctly (both LG and SwiftKey), however...
-anything typed into the virtual console using SwiftKey isn't accepted when I press OK
-anything typed into the virtual console using the standard LG keyboard is accepted when I press OK
-the game refuses to load when I select "hide onscreen buttons" (instant crash)